AboutPig Wig Cottages stand in the grounds of the idyllic 18th Century Beeches Farmhouse, situated in the Wiltshire countryside yet only seven miles from the World Heritage City of Bath and 1 mile from the Saxon town of Bradford-on-Avon, situated on the outskirts of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. All cottages have recently been sympathetically converted to luxurious holiday accommodation surrounded by open pasture, where ducks and chickens happily roam.
Each cottage has been furnished not as a letting unit but as an extension of our own home. Imaginatively decorated with co-ordinated furnishings and country pine furniture and of course those little extras not normally associated with a holiday cottage. We do not accept pets and are a non-smoking establishment.
Lounge area has exposed beams; galleried first floor; wood burning stove/open fire, TV; hi-fi/CD system. Each cottage has a well equipped fitted kitchen including dishwasher, oven/grill, microwave, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. Bedrooms are tastefully decorated with a selection of five and six foot double beds, twin and bunk beds to suit your family requirements. Bathrooms have a shower and bath, basin and WC, heated towel rails and warm towels provided!
Each of the three cottages has 2 bedrooms sleeping4/5 + cot. However, two of the cottages can be interlinked sleeping up to 10. In addition to Pig Wig Cottages we have en-suite rooms across the courtyard from the cottages, offering family, double and twin rooms with TV, tea and coffee making facilities etc, ideal for those family/friends who want to holiday with you but enjoy their own time and privacy.
On the premises there is a games room with slate bed pool table; table tennis; table football. There is also plenty of space for children to play, with climbing wall, ladder and slide and 5-a-side football pitch.
Whether you are 5 or 55, experience the delight of collecting your eggs for breakfast.
Linen, towels and collect your own free range eggs when available inclusive.
We accept well behaved pet dogs at £5 per dog per night.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cow Byre 1 & 2 - Weekly Lets||£750.00 per unit per week|
|Also available as:|
|Cow Byre 1 & 2 - Short Breaks||£160.00 per unit per night|
|Pig Wig Cottage - Short Break||£100.00 per unit per night|
|Also available as:|
|Cottage for one or two persons - Short Breaks||£100.00 per unit per night|
|Pig Wig Cottage - Weekly Lets||£450.00 per unit per week|
|Also available as:|
|Cottage for one or two persons - Weekly Lets||£450.00 per unit per week|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Country house
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks
- Weekend breaks
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children - Cots and highchairs available; babysitting service; outdoor play area.
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking - 10 uncovered.
- Access to golf course - Course: Cumberwell, Holes: 18, Distance: 1.5 miles
- Cycle hire
- Other sporting facilities - Horse riding and quad biking nearby.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Broadband Internet Access
- Electricity inc in rate
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists - Canal and sustrans route on doorstep.
- Special provisions for walkers - Footpath from our boundary.
Map & Directions
From M4 junction 17
On B3107, 1 mile outside Bradford-on-Avon travelling towards Holt. Seven miles east of Bath.
Public Transport Directions
1 miles from Bradford on Avon railway station connecting to Bath.
7 miles from Bath - all major connections.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good102
- stephen519Suffolk, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyB and BSunday, 23rd April 2017Friendly welcome, excellent family room, two young children were very happy with farm animals and play equipment, super breakfast, and hosts allowed us to stay a little later next morning.....would... Read full review
- lcfcsharpy95Riseley, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesReally lovely countryside stay!Monday, 17th April 2017We stayed here for the weekend at the beginning of April, it was a really lovely place, very clean and tidy and in a very nice location! The surrounding fields, animals, and the rooms all just make... Read full review
- Kevin STrip Type:CouplesLovely Stay at a Wonderful LocationTuesday, 11th April 2017We booked into the Beeches Farmhouse for a long weekend and on arrival were offered options of the Farmhouse room or our own cottage, we opted for my original booking and stayed in the Farmhouse room... Read full review
- 4 AA Stars