AboutManor Farmhouse is an attractive Grade 2 listed period village farmhouse, situated in the small village of Collingbourne Kingston, about 9 miles south of Marlborough on the A338 Salisbury Road. The local area is rural and agricultural, with many picturesque villages and thatched cottages, and we are well situated for exploring Wiltshire’s ancient places, from Stonehenge (20 minutes) to Avebury Stone Circle, Silbury Hill and the Ridgeway (25 minutes). Our working arable farm has been in the family ownership since 1885, and we are the 5th generation to live in the farmhouse.
Manor Farm lies on the northern edge of Salisbury Plain, and forms part of the North Wessex Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The 550-acre farm and its ancient chalk down land occupy some of the highest land in the area, and consequently the views over the surrounding countryside are spectacular. There is superb walking and cycling from the farm with many public rights of way in the locality. We are approximately 2 miles from the Wiltshire Cycleway.
We currently offer 3 comfortable and spacious rooms. Our double/family room (en-suite) and our twin/family room (private facilities) are both large south-facing Georgian rooms with new bathrooms, including full-size enamel baths and over bath power-showers. Our characterful 17thC double room has en suite facilities and overlooks the walled gardens to the paddock and downland beyond. We are a non-smoking establishment, and have ample parking.
As well as traditional farmhouse cooking, we also offer sumptuous breakfasts for guests who prefer vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and other special diets. You are welcome to collect and choose your eggs for breakfast from our own free-range hens. We are fortunate in having several excellent local places to dine in the evening, including 'the Barley Corn' country pub, about 2 minutes walk away.
A very warm welcome and a comfortable and friendly atmosphere await you at Manor Farm.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Master Bedroom - Super king size double/family en suite||from £80.00 to £115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Rose Room - King Size Double en suite||from £70.00 to £75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin with private bathroom||from £70.00 to £75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Farm - 550 acre family arable farm
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Attractive Grade II listed period village farmhouse, part 17thC, part 19thC.
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - 8
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Ample, private off road parking.
- On site parking - Ample, private off road parking.
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Available locally
- Cycle hire - Available locally - can be delivered to us.
- Additional meal details - Packed lunches available (booked in advance).
- Cater for vegetarians - Vegans, gluten free and other special diets.
- Serve breakfast - Special diets catered for.
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Special provisions for cyclists - Drying facilities, secure under-cover bike storage, packed lunches.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Family set-up.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying facilities, excellent walking location, packed lunches.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Master Bedroom - Super king size double/family en suite
- Size in square meters - 25 Square Meters in Bedroom. Further 8.6 Sqaure Meters in bathroom
Room / Unit Features: Rose Room - King Size Double en suite
- Size in square meters - 14 Square Meters in Bedroom. Further 5 Square Meters in Bathroom
Room / Unit Features: Twin with private bathroom
- Size in square meters - 22 Square Meters in Bedroom. Further 4 Sqaure Meters in Bathroom
Map & Directions
From Devizes - Take the A361 towards Swindon out of Devizes. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit for Marlborough (A4). Continue into and through Marlborough High Street then right left on mini roundabout onto Salisbury Road (A346) towards Burbage. At the major roundabout take the A338 to Collingbourne Kingston. On entering the village, go over the mini roundabout and then turn immediately right into the farm yard of Manor Farm, situated opposite the church, which is floodlit at night.
Public Transport Directions
Buses from Marlborough.
Train station: Swindon, Pewsey and Andover
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- A-Little-RomanticUnited KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAmazing!Sunday, 23rd April 2017Quite simply the photos and reviews don't do the manor Farm enough justice. We arrived to a warm welcome and a beautiful room. We stayed in the master bedroom. It was clean and tidy. Most to my... Read full review
- 38thfootStockport, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelCharming traditional B and BWednesday, 12th April 2017Stayed overnight in the master bedroom, excellent service in a beautifully appointed traditional room, free wifi, loads of books, excellent tea and coffee and a freshly cooked high quality breakfast... Read full review
- Heather GNorth Wales, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA one night stop over in an area of beautyThursday, 23rd March 2017Beautiful surrounds. Good Parking Warm welcome from the hosts, James and Jackie A wonderful Family run farm, steeped with history. Hearty Breakfast provided. Room: Double with en suite. Very clean... Read full review
- 4 Visit England Stars Farmhouse
- 4 AA Gold Stars
- Visit England Silver 2014
- Visit England Cyclists Welcome 2014
- Visit England Walkers Welcome 2014
- Visit England Breakfast 2015