Prince Hill House, a stunning Grade ll Listed Mansion of considerable architectural and historical interest, is believed to have played host to Prince Rupert when he fought on the side of the Royalists during the Battle of Bristol. It dates, in parts, from the 1640s. It was considerably enlarged and remodelled in 1913 by Major General Carrington, after when ownership passed at one point to a descendent of Queen Victoria, Lady Brassy, who was also a Godchild to Winston Churchill. The house was reputedly used by Churchill, Eisenhower and Sikorsky for secret meetings during WW2. Prince Hill House is now a family home, restored to its former glory within a beautiful countryside setting which makes for a perfect place to come and stay. You may even be served Prince Hill House honey made by the bees on the estate.
The accommodation provides 2 generous super-king sized suites, The Churchill Suite (4 poster super-king), The Sikorski Suite (twin or super-king), 1 penthouse apartment which can accommodate 2, 3 or 5 people comprising super-king, twin and single bedrooms, en-suite/Jack and Jill bathroom, large sitting room, kitchenette, dining area. Within the grounds is also a separate Carriage House which sleeps 7 or 8 people. The rooms are available to book separately, and single occupancy is available in the Sikorski Suite. The total number of people we can accommodate is 18. A Ball Room provides ample space for more formal entertainment or parties. There is a tennis court within the 3 acre grounds which also provides an excellent setting for a marquee and al fresco entertainment. David and Lucy are discreet hosts always on tap to help make your stay at Prince Hill House and Cottages as memorable as possible.
Worton is perfectly situated for anyone who wants to explore the many attractions of this fascinating and beautiful part of Wiltshire, renowned for walking and cycling. The area is rich in prehistoric sites such as Avebury Stone Circle, Silbury Hill and Kennet Long Barrrow. Narrow boat trips can be enjoyed on the nearby Kennet & Avon Canal and the historic towns of Bradford on Avon and Marlborough, known for their antique shops, pubs and restaurants are a short drive from Worton while the Georgian City of Bath, a World Heritage Site, the Cathedral City of Salisbury and Stonehenge are all within half an hour's drive. The Cotswolds and Oxford are within reach for a day's excursion.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Churchill Suite Super King en suite||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Polly's Penthouse Super King + Single en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Harry Potter Twin||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Sikorski Suite Twin en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Sikorski Suite as Super King en suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Two nights minimum stay applies.
Harry Potter Twin shares bathroom with Polly's Penthouse but is only available to book with Polly's Penthouse. Minimum occupancy available on request.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Celebrity connection - Mike Reid, Andrew Lloyd’s Musical Director, used to live here and put on shows in the garden starring West End casts, to raise money for the village. Andrew Lloyd Webber often stayed here.
- Film or TV location - Available for Film or TV
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Lady Ivy Brassy, a descendent of Queen Victoria and godchild of Sir Winston Churchill used to live here. Churchill, Sikorski and Eisnerhower were reputed to have held secret meetings at the house during WW2.
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Tennis court
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serves Local Food
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Colour Television in all units
- Digital TV
- Four poster beds available - In The Churchill Suite only
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radios run through the TV
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem) - Use of printer available on request
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Event venue
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Number of Shared Bathrooms - The Harry Potter Suite has to share the bathroom with Polly’s Penthouse but is only available to book with Polly’s Penthouse and not available to book separately.
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open all year
- Real log/coal fires
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists - Safe, secure storage is offered for cycles in the stables.
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Spanish spoken
Map & Directions
Prince Hill House can be found in the High Street of Worton which runs between the A360 (SE) and the A361 (NW). Coming from the east, with the Rose and Crown pub on your right hand side the entrance though the main gates to Prince Hill is 100 meters past the pub on the left hand side of the road. Coming from the west, pass the village school on your right hand side, followed by the turning into Cedar Close then Prince Hill House is the second house on your right after the turning to Cedar Close, opposite a row of cottages.
Public Transport Directions
Train stations such as Chippenham, Westbury and Pewsey are all about 30 minutes away with Bath and Salisbury approximately 45 minutes away. Taxis are usually available at the railway stations. There is also a coach service between London and Devizes which is 5 miles away. Car hire firms operate a pick-up service from most stations and can be identified on a Google search.
Bristol Airport and Southampton Airports are approximately 1hr 30mins away with London Heathrow approximately 2hrs. ABC Airport Services operate a taxi transfer to all airports Tel: 01380 816648 or 07738 195805 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is a bus stop approximately 500 meters from the house with buses (No 77 & 85) that run between Devizes and Trowbridge at approximately 2 hr intervals during daytime.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- JohnrogLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely stay at Prince Hill HouseSunday, 26th March 2017My wife and I needed somewhere to spend Saturday night after attending a party in Devizes and my wife wanted to choose somewhere a bit special and romantic which is how we ended up at Prince Hill... Read full review
- fmw2017LondonTrip Type:FamilyVery comfortable as alwaysWednesday, 22nd March 2017Thank you Lucy and David, once again, for making us feel welcome and providing very comfortable and peaceful surroundings for us to be in! As always the homemade Jams and apple juice went down very... Read full review
- scripp_186211BrightonTrip Type:CouplesA Home from Home (I wish)!!❤Saturday, 11th March 2017The essence of this outstanding place is distilled from the passion and enthusiasm of the owners Lucy & David which makes the whole experience utterly unique!! A beautiful house expertly renovated... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Wiltshire Accommodation Charter 2015