Mary and Ben welcome you to their award winning B&B in the rural location of Rowde near Devizes. Tucked away down a quiet country lane, yet within a mile of 2 pubs and an Indian restaurant, less than a mile from the Kennet and Avon canal, with Caen Hill flight of locks, and within 45 minutes drive of all Wiltshire’s attractions in any direction. An hourly daytime bus service links us with Chippenham and Devizes, so you can even enjoy a Wadworth Brewery tour and not have to drive back! Walkers and cyclists are welcome to stay with us as you can explore the terrific byways and footpaths that abound in Wiltshire. If you enjoy geocaching there are nearly 1000 hides within 10 miles of Vine Cottage. We have a drying cupboard to dry your outdoor gear if wet and cycles can be stored securely in the garage.
We have 3 ensuite showers rooms, all with TV/DVD/CD. All rooms have high quality eco friendly toiletries and well stocked fair trade beverage trays, also crisp Egyptian cotton bedding and thick bath sheets and dressing gowns in every room. Use of sauna, garden and WiFi is also included. You will receive a Full English breakfast with our own free range eggs, and the option of our exclusive "Bens Mess! All served with homemade preserves and fresh fruit salad, using seasonal and local fruit when possible. Our Guest lounge with log fire to warm you in the winter, tastefully furnished with a mixture of antique and modern styles, it is the perfect place to relax and read, do a puzzle or meet your friend from another room. Vine Cottage B&B is now starting its seventh year and regularly welcomes returning guests, staying for both business and leisure; they are able to enjoy our loyalty reward scheme. We are also now introducing green points, issued to guests who arrive on foot, bicycle, pure electric car or public transport, or participate in an outdoor car free activity during a 2 night stay – save them up and earn a free night stay!
We are proud of our reviews which can be viewed on Trip Advisor, or following the “Book Now” link on our website, but most importantly we are looking forward to your phone call and welcoming you.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 1st May 2017
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 2nd May 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Blue Room (Twin), on ground floor||from £85.00 to £110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Green Room (Double)||from £80.00 to £105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|All rooms single occupancy||from £70.00 to £100.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Pink Room with King-size bed||from £90.00 to £125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Pink room with fold up bed||from £90.00 to £125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Please note that the higher price bracket will be applicable in August.
Loyalty scheme in place for returning customers, please call for details.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- In countryside - In small village lane with fields at front and rear of property.
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking - Electric car charging point available and free for guests to use.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve lunch - Pre-ordered packed lunches available £5
- Serves Local Food
- All major credit cards accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
Map & Directions
From the east on M4 to junction 16 (Swindon West), take first exit from roundabout initially follow signs to golf complex, once reaching T junction turn right onto A361, travel to Devizes, then follow signs to Chippenham A342, Rowde village is at the bottom of the Hill, one mile from Devizes. At the bend of the road by the George and Dragon take the 2nd left turn into Bunnies Lane; we are on the right hand side, look out for the sign and Magnolia tree. On the M4 from the west (or east) exit at junction 17 (Chippenham), follow signs for Devizes A342, after entering the village of Rowde you will pass a car sales garage on your right, take the next rght turn into Bunnies Lane. From the south, either on A360 from Salisbury or A342 from Andover, follow signs for Devizes, then continue as above. From Bath or Trowbridge, follow signs to Devizes, when on the A361 take a left turn signposted Rowde (at the start of the dual carriageway), follow to end and turn left at the T junction (by the Cross Keys) then 2nd left on the bend by the George and Dragon.
Public Transport Directions
Train to Chippenham station then number 33 buses to the village of Rowde. In the evening a taxi will be required. National Express bus links daily to and from London from Devizes, then number 33 buses to Rowde or a short taxi ride in the evening. From Swindon bus or rail station number 49 buses to Devizes then as above.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good8
- jdw202330Ingleton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA fabulous B&BWednesday, 22nd March 2017My wife and I stayed for one night this week and I have to say it was fabulous. Ben and Mary are absolutely lovely, the room very comfortable and the breakfast super. If you are in the area and... Read full review
- Barry KLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Coupleslovely b&bTuesday, 14th February 2017stayed here whilst attending a family party mary and ben are smashing hosts the room was spotless and the breakfast was delicious would recommend this place to anyone visitng the area they have local... Read full review
- Michael HTrip Type:BusinessMrs BThursday, 17th November 2016I have been staying in the area on business. Vine cottage is lovely. Ben and Mary are very welcoming and the room has everything you can think of and is very clean. Breakfast is amazing and I would... Read full review
- 4 AA Stars Bed & Breakfast
- AA Awards AA Breakfast Award 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous Eviivo Friendliest Award 2010 2012
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2014