Free Things to Do in Swindon
Swindon has many attractions that can be enjoyed without spending a single penny. Things to do for free in Swindon include:
- Enjoying the lakes, rolling lawns, ancient avenues, children's play area and even a picnic area in the grounds of historic Lydiard Park
- Queen's Park - a tranquil oasis of calm away from the busy shopping centre – just a few minutes’ walk from the town centre
- Swindon Museum & Art Gallery located in the Old Town
- The lovely parks and gardens including: The Lawn, Town Gardens, Stanton Park and Coate Water Country Park
- The archive of English Heritage is held at The National Monuments Record Centre with over 7 million photographs, drawings, architectural plans, surveys of sites, landscapes and other documents all here to view
- Barbury Castle, a country park of vast open spaces and offering magnificent views of Swindon
- Spotting public art pieces such as Golden Lion, Diana Dors Statue, Brunel Statue, The Wish Hounds and the Gorilla
- A walk along the River Ray Parkway – a beautiful walk covering over 8 miles through some of the most interesting and scenic areas of Swindon
You can also download our money-saving vouchers, giving you some great discounts off attractions across Wiltshire.
If you know of any other great free things to do in and around in Swindon let us know, we’ll post the best ones up on this page.
The friendly staff of Chiseldon House look forward to welcoming you to stay with us. During your stay you can appreciate the elegance of the Grade...