Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions we refer to www.visitwiltshire.co.uk
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
You agree that you shall not use the Website for illegal purposes, and will respect all applicable laws and regulations. You agree not to use the Website in a way that may impair the performance, corrupt the content or otherwise reduce the overall functionality of the Website. You also agree not to compromise the security of the Website or attempt to gain access to secured areas or sensitive information.
You agree to be fully responsible for any claim, expense, liability, losses, costs including legal fees incurred by us arising from any infringement of the terms and conditions set out in this agreement.
VisitWiltshire reserves the right to change any part of this agreement without notice and your use of the Website will be deemed as acceptance of this agreement. We advise users to regularly check the Terms and Conditions of this agreement.
VisitWiltshire has complete discretion to modify or remove any part of this site without warning or liability arising from such action.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
VisitWiltshire will under no circumstance be liable for indirect, special, or consequential damages including any loss of business, revenue, profits, or data in relation to your use of the Website.
Nothing within this Agreement will operate to exclude any liability for death or personal injury arising as result of the negligence of VisitWiltshire, its employees or agents.
All intellectual property of VisitWiltshire such as trademarks, trade names, patents, registered designs and any other automatic intellectual property rights derived from the aesthetics or functionality of the Website remain the property of VisitWiltshire.
By using the Website you agree to respect the intellectual property rights of VisitWiltshire and will refrain from copying, downloading, transmitting, reproducing, printing, or exploiting for commercial purpose any material contained within the Website.
The information is provided on the understanding that the website is not engaged in rendering advice and should not be wholly relied upon when making any related decision.
The information contained with the Website is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties expressed or otherwise implied relating to the accuracy, fitness for purpose, compatibility or security of any components of the Website.
We do not guarantee uninterrupted availability of the www.visitwiltshire.co.uk website and cannot provide any representation that using the Website will be error free.
Online booking on this site is carried out by Eviivo, using their Frontdesk software. If you use this service your contract will be with the accommodation provider and you will be bound by their terms and conditions. VisitWiltshire is acting as a facilitator in this instance and is not liable in any way for any part of the transaction or subsequent booking.
VisitWiltshire cannot be held responsible nor accept any liability for complaints or claims of any nature arising from any accommodation booking, nor for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or other members of your party, during or as a result of your stay at the accommodation establishment. Any complaint(s) relating to the accommodation should be dealt directly with the owner, and is subject to the accommodation provider's terms and conditions. Your statutory rights as a consumer will not be affected.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by other parties. We do not control such websites and we take no responsibility for, and will not incur any liability in respect of, their content. Our inclusion of hyperlinks to such websites does not imply any endorsement of views, statements or information contained in such websites.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and the remaining provisions shall remain in force.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of England and any user of the Website hereby agrees to be bound exclusively by the jurisdiction of English courts without reference to rules governing choice of laws.
DATA PROTECTION POLICY
We limit the collection and use of your information. We only collect such information as is required to deliver the high standards of service, to inform you about the products and services we offer, and to administer our business.
We will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the security and confidentiality of any information you provide to us. We cannot however guarantee the security of any information you disclose on-line. You accept the inherent security implications of providing information over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or disclosure of information unless we have been proved to be negligent.
We will not reveal any of your information to any external organisation unless we have previously informed you that this will happen through disclosures or agreement, and we have your authority to do so. We can also disclose your information to authorised parties if we are required to by law. You agree that we may disclose any information requested or required relating to you, or if relevant, any of your clients to any regulatory authority to which we are subject or to any person in power to require such information by or under any legal enactment or where a third party has provided to our reasonable satisfaction written confirmation that it genuinely and reasonably believes your use of the site has been defamatory or otherwise unlawful and further that the disclosure of your data is necessary a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice, or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights.
We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of your information. If you have consented, by registering on the website, we may periodically send you information relating to The Visit Wiltshire Tourism Partnership and other carefully selected third parties. If at any point you want to change your preferences or need to review and update your personal details you should write to us. You can de-register from the site by e-mailing email@example.com.
You have a right of access under the Data Protection Act to information we hold about you on our records. The Act allows us to charge a fee for this service.
- Enable confidential market research to be conducted on behalf of the potential lender.
- Enable the provisions of services you have requested.
- Provide statistical information to third parties and business partners.
- Improve current services and offer new services.
VisitWiltshire reserves the right to monitor and intercept communications for lawful business purposes.
Systems personnel who operate and support electronic communications facilities need, from time to time, to monitor transmissions or observe transactional information to ensure proper functioning of the company's facilities and services. On these and other occasions, such personnel might inadvertently become aware of the contents of electronic communications. Except as provided for under Lawful Business Practice Regulations, personnel are not permitted to intentionally examine the contents of transactional information or disclose or otherwise use what they have seen, heard or read. If, however, violations of law or Company policy are discovered, personnel are required to report these to the appropriate officer.
To assist your navigation of this web site and our prevention of fraud we may send 'cookies' from this web site to your computer. We do not obtain personal data from your computer or gather personal information about you unless you personally give information to our server.
VisitWiltshire Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to all UK mainland residents aged 18 years or over, except for employees of VisitWiltshire (VisitWiltshire), Wiltshire Council and anyone connected with the competition.
- By entering the competition, the participants agree: a) to be bound by these terms and conditions; b) that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win the prize; c) that should they win the prize, their name and likeness may be used by VW for promotional purposes.
- Entries cannot be returned. Proof of postage is not proof of entry. VW accepts no responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
- All entrants must supply to VW their full names, postal addresses and daytime telephone number. VW will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone without permission.
- Only one entry will be permitted per person, regardless of the method of entry. Bulk entries made by third parties will not be permitted.
- The winning entrant will be the first correct entry drawn at random after the closing time.
- The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternative and the prize is not transferable.
- VW's decision as to the winner is final and no correspondence relating to the promotion will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified within 14 days of the close of the promotion by post/telephone/email.
- The name and county of residence of the winner may be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: VisitWiltshire Tourism Partnership, Pennyfarthing House, 18 Pennyfarthing Street, Salisbury, SP1 1HJ within 2 months of the closing date of the competition.
- VW reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, or alter, or amend the competition promotion at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted within 1 calendar month of the closing date of the competition, VW reserves the right to offer the prize to a runner-up, or to re-offer the prize in any future VW promotion.
- VW excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the promotion or occurring to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The promotion is subject to the laws of England.
- Entrants' details will be passed to the companies offering the competition prizes but not to any other third party. You will be signed up to receive e-newsletters from VisitWiltshire but can unsubscribe from this service at any time.
Accommodation guide prize draw
- By participating in the survey you will be entered into the prize draw to win a 2 night break for two in Wiltshire.
- Participants must be over 18.
- The prize draw will take place in December 2014.
- Only one entrant per household.
Visit Salisbury competition
The prize is for either a two night stay at the Cathedral Hotel including breakfast with a VIP entry to the Chapel Nightclub and entry tickets to Old Sarum and Stonehenge or a Sunday night stay at the Grasmere House Hotel including Sunday lunch and breakfast and entry tickets to Arundells. Further terms and conditions in addition to those specified above are:
- All prizes are subject to availability and no cash value alternative will be available
- The Chapel Nightclub prize is strictly for over 18s only and must be pre-booked
- Stonehenge tickets must be pre-booked by email
- The Grasmere Hotel prize is for a Sunday night only
- Prizes exclude all Bank Holiday weekends
Marlborough Food & Drink Festival/Chiseldon House Hotel competition
In addition to the terms and conditions above the following terms and conditions apply:
One entry per household.
First Prize: An overnight stay at Chiseldon House Hotel on the evening of 9 May 2014 plus breakfast, two bottles of Yealands Estate wine and Family tickets to the Festival.
Second prize: (Two winners): Two bottles of Yealands Estate wine per winner & Family tickets to the Festival. Wine can only be collected from the Festival 10th – 11th May 2014, proof of age must be shown.
Third Prize (Ten winners): Family Tickets (two Adults & Two Children under 16) to be won. The competition is drawn 30th April 2014.
No cash alternative. Judges decision is final. Full T&C available on Garden Events Limited website. Open to persons 18 years and over. The Family Tickets and prizes will be posted out in advance with winners notified in writing.
Chiseldon House terms and conditions:
1. The room will be a standard double room for double occupancy inclusive of full breakfast
2. The room will need to be allocated/confirmed two weeks prior to arrival or will be cancelled
3. The date will be non transferrable
Wiltshire countryside competition
- The Foot Trails prize is for £400 worth of Foot Trails gift vouchers exchangable for a Wiltshire walking holiday
- The vouchers are not for use on holidays on public holidays or bank holidays
- The gift vouchers are valid on a walking holiday booked and taken by 31 December 2014
- No cash alternative is available
- Holidays are subject to availability, please contact Foot Trails team on 01747 820626 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Troutbeck Guest House prize is for a one night stay (choice of room is subject to the Troutbeck's availability) with dinner at the Red Lion Freehouse. Valid Monday - Thursdays only.
Church Farm Country Cottages/Pavilion Cafe competition
- Short break at Church Farm Country Cottages of up to four nights from a Monday. Prize includes heating, electricity, bed linen, towels, use of indoor pool and games room, welcome cream tea, free Wi-Fi and VAT.
- Short break cannot be taken during school holidays or bank holiday midweek breaks.
- Subject to availability.
Milford Hall Hotel/Hayballs/Connecting Wiltshire competition
- The main prize is an overnight stay with dinner, bed and breakfast at the Milford Hall Hotel as well as one day's bike hire from Hayballs
- Date subject to availability
- Milford Hall Hotel £25 per person dinner allowance
- Hotel voucher valid until 30 November 2014 and excludes bank holiday weekends
- Hayball cycle hire must be redeemed by 31 December 2014
- Five runners up prizes consist of Connecting Wiltshire cycle gear
- Entrants to the competition will be opted in to receive updates from Connecting Wiltshire
Swindon Hotel Competition
- The hotel prize is for a two night stay for two people on a bed and breakfast basis with dinner on the first night. For arrival on any Friday night, subject to availability.
- STEAM - Museum of the Great Western Railway tickets are standard admission tickets
- McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Swindon £100 gift card must be used within 12 months of issue.
Botany glamping competition
Prize is for two nights glamping at Botany Campsite for between 2-5 people. Prize must be taken after 15 September 2014. Subject to availability.
Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel/City Hall competition
- The prize includes an overnight stay for two people with dinner, bed and breakfast on the nights of 26-27 September 2014
- Prize excludes the cost of all drinks at the Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel
- Prize cannot be redeemed for a cash prize and is non-transferable
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- The main prize includes two tickets to Mad Dog Mcrea at the City Hall on Friday 26 September plus a £10 voucher for that night which can be spent at the City Hall's bar
- The runner-up prize is two tickets to Prince Fatty Sound System with MC Horseman on 27 September 2014 plus a £10 voucher for that night which can be spent at the City Hall's bar