From formal occasions through to intimate gatherings, Wiltshire makes the perfect setting for your wedding. Wiltshire has a wide array of wedding venues including the Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel, The Highworth, Church Farm Country Cottages, Guyers House Hotel and Restaurant, the Old Manor Hotel, the Bear Hotel and the Chiseldon House Hotel with stunning features like riverside settings, beautiful countryside, stylish furnishings and award-winning restaurants. For a more unusual wedding venue in Wiltshire why not consider Rockley Manor, Rollestone Manor, Corsham Town Hall, Hartham Park, White Horse Country Park, The Laverton or Stourhead gardens for your ceremony.
Once you’re married don’t rush off – enjoy Wiltshire stay a bit longer – there are plenty of romantic places to stay for your wedding night or for a honeymoon.
Planning for your big day
There’s a lot to do when planning your wedding, but if you’re organised in the planning stages, the day will run itself.
• Set a date for your wedding.
• Decide on the type of ceremony. i.e. religious or civil.
• Have a budget and stick to it.
• Start a wedding folder to keep everything together – booking confirmations, ideas, guest list and your to do list!
• Plan for the weather – prepare for every eventuality.
• Book your suppliers as early as possible, so you actually get some "couple time" in the final run up to the wedding.
• Look to the people around you for help – this can you a lot of money and time - Ushers, Bridesmaid, Bestman....find out what they are good at and utilize them – people enjoy being involved.
• Don’t forget the legal bits, with so much to arrange to make your day perfect do remember to ensure that all the important legal details are taken care of. For full details see the Wiltshire Council marriage pages
Wiltshire Wedding Highlights
A wedding at Chiseldon House is a unique and memorable event; a delightful time for family and friends and a truly romantic setting for a perfect day...