AboutHare Lodge Bed and Breakfast offers guests a warm and friendly welcome in a modern Swedish style home. We provide two spacious en suite rooms, recently refurbished to a high standard - one double with a balcony offering spectacular views towards Win Green. The other - a family room which can sleep up to 4 includes an adjoining sitting room. A cooked or continental breakfast is included and served in the dining room.
Located on the edge of Tisbury in an area of outstanding natural beauty, in the rolling chalk downs of southern Wiltshire, Hare Lodge is an ideal base to explore the region. Perfect, for those who enjoy walking, cycling or visiting locations of historical interest. Places such as Old Wardour Castle, Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge, Shaftesbury’s Gold Hill and Stourhead Gardens are all within easy reach. Further afield, the city of Bath, or a visit to the coast can be reached within an hour’s drive.
Rooms are equipped with tea and coffee making facilities, Freeview TV, DVD recorder and free WiFi connection as well as hairdryer and use of iron and ironing board. Free onsite parking is available for all guests.
Full English breakfast or a Continental breakfast is included in the price and is served in the dining room between 7.30 and 10am. During the summer we serve breakfast in the garden (weather permitting).
Secure accommodation is available for bicycles.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 30th Mar 2017
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 31st Mar 2017
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Family (En-Suite)||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Family ensuite double occupancy||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family ensuite triple occupancy||£100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Family room single occupancy||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|King size en suite||£85.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|King size ensuite single occupancy||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2017 (3 Jan 2017 - 23 Dec 2017)|
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Fishing - Have links to instructor in fly fishing
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Cash & Cheque only
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Countryside Location
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open all year
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for lone female travellers
- Special provisions for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Take the turning for Ansty and then turn left at the T junction beyond the village. Follow this road into Tisbury, past the railway station on the right until you reach the square. Turn left, following the signs to Newtown and Semley. Go past the Church on the left and across a mini round about, follow this road which bears to the right, pass the Tuckingmill sign in the hedge on the left. Hare Lodge is the third house along on the left.
Turn off the A 303 to Fonthill Bishop, at the T junction turn right and then left through Fonthill Arch. Continue on road with Fonthill Lake on your left. At cross roads turn left towards Tisbury. At the bottom of the High Street (at signpost in middle of road) turn right following the signs to Newtown and Semley. Go past the Church on the left and across a mini round about, follow this road which bears to the right, pass the Tuckingmill sign in the hedge on the left. Hare Lodge is the third house along on the left.
Public Transport Directions
Tisbury station is on the Waterloo – Exeter St David’s line. The journey from London takes approximately 1 hour 45 minutes. The station is approx. ½ mile from Hare Lodge.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2
- martm2London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA friendly welcome on the drive!Monday, 13th March 2017Our host knew my wish to watch the England v Scotland rugby match that started at 4pm which was check in time. He agreed we could arrive a few minutes early and had the television tuned and turned on... Read full review
- islingtongirl2017County Londonderry, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA warm welcome!Thursday, 9th March 2017We had a great stay. Sue and George were incredibly friendly and helpful, picking us up from the station, making us feel welcome and that nothing was too much trouble, and even very kindly driving us... Read full review
- CAK11200Portsmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent B& B and great base for exploring this areaTuesday, 13th September 2016Stunning peaceful setting with beautiful gardens and spacious delightful rooms equipped with all you need for a good stay . No light pollution in this rural setting so you can see the stars. The... Read full review
- 4 AA Stars