A lot of thought and care has gone into the conversion of this old stone coach house, which stands near the top of Tisbury's attractive village High Street.
The accommodation has a particularly attractive and spacious 1st floor beamed sitting/dining room, where a bay window has been constructed to make the most of the lovely views over the Nadder Valley. For the elderly or disabled, a stair lift is available to allow access upstairs from the ground floor double bedroom.
Tisbury's shops, pubs, leisure centre and railway station, with service direct to London (Waterloo), cater for all immediate needs while the beautiful cathedral of Salisbury is only a half hour car or 20 minute train journey.
Surrounding Tisbury, on the borders of Wiltshire and Dorset is some of the most unspoilt but perhaps least well known countryside in the South of England - ideal for exploring on foot or by car. Visit the ruins of Old Wardour Castle (English Heritage) or take a walk by nearby Fonthill Lake. There are many attractive villages with well cared for cottages of stone and thatch, and a good selection of pubs, including the nearby Beckford Arms at Fonthill Gifford, with appetising food menus.
At a glance:
Sleeps: 2/3 (or 2 plus cot (space for visitors’ own cot)). Bedrooms: 1. Bathrooms: 1. Ground floor bedrooms. First floor living area. Wi-Fi broadband. Sorry no pets. Not suitable for toddlers.
Spacious entrance hallway. Downstairs double bedroom with access into conservatory and en suite bathroom/w.c. with independent shower to the bath. 1st floor: spacious sitting/dining room with antique oak refectory table and original scissor beams. Kitchen with fitted solid oak units. Additional w.c. with wash basin.
Garden room/conservatory with small paved area in front.
Oil fired central heating, inc. in rent May - Sept, otherwise at cost. Elec., bed linen and towels inc. in rent. **Space for visitors' own cot. Extra single foldaway bed for use in downstairs bedroom. Stair lift. Flat screen TV with DVD player. CD player. Wi-Fi broadband. Auto washing machine. Microwave. Telephone for incoming calls. Telephone kiosk outside cottage. Private driveway parking for 1 car. Shops and pubs a few minutes' walk. Sorry no pets (owners have dogs). Not suitable for toddlers.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cottage - 7 night stay||from £387.00 to £645.00 per unit per week|
|Also available as:|
|Cottage - 3 night stay||from £90.00 to £151.00 per unit per night|
|Cottage - 4 night stay||from £78.00 to £129.00 per unit per night|
|Cottage - 5 night stay||from £70.00 to £116.00 per unit per night|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Conversion from a stone coach house
- Facilities for the Disabled
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - not suitable for toddlers
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 1 space
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Ironing Facilities
- Linen available free of charge
Room / Unit Features: Cottage - 7 night stay
- CD Player
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- Telephone - for incoming calls. Telephone kiosk outside cottage.
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
Full details given by Hideaways on receipt of booking.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- David BTrip Type:CouplesA wonderful experienceFriday, 23rd October 2015Judging by the books and furnishings on the premises, Mr & Mrs Barker are a very cultured couple. The cottage had everything we needed in generous supply and we were very comfortable throughout... Read full review
- chrisj123783Uxbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNice clean and comfortable coach houseSunday, 26th July 2015Lovely welcome when we arrived with a nice cup of tea/coffee. Shown around coach house which is very clean and comfortable with everything you need and more. Had phone call half way through stay to... Read full review