Deep in the countryside on the borders of Wiltshire and Dorset and with far-reaching views over some of the finest and most unspoilt countryside in the south of England, The Old Piggery provides a peaceful pied à terre for a couple wishing to explore this beautiful area. Visitors are welcome to walk around the bluebell woodland surrounding the private lake and from the farm can join the Wessex Ridgeway, which runs from Avebury to Lyme Regis, cycle along the Wessex Way or play tennis at a nearby club.
The Old Piggery stands in the grounds of the owner's historic, Jacobean manor house and has its own private garden area. Spacious, light and to a high specification throughout, it offers all its accommodation at ground floor level.
At a glance:
Sleeps: 2/3 plus cot. Bedrooms: 1. Bathrooms: 1. Dog friendly. Ground floor bedrooms. Wood burner. Wi-Fi broadband.
Entrance into large open plan living room, which comprises a sitting/dining area with single sofa bed, a woodburning stove and French windows opening out onto a garden area, a sleeping area with 5 ft double bed. Separate fitted kitchen with small breakfast table. Shower room/wc.
Woodburning stove, night storage heating, logs, electricity, bed linen and towels included in rent, cot, Colour TV & DVD player, wireless broadband internet access, auto washing machine/tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, driveway parking, shop and village pubs 2.5 miles, no smoking inside the cottage, extra B&B accommodation available in the main farmhouse, one small, well behaved dog by arrangement.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Cottage - 7 night stay||from £352.00 to £589.00 per unit per week|
|Also available as:|
|Cottage - 3 night stay||from £82.00 to £137.00 per unit per night|
|Cottage - 4 night stay||from £71.00 to £118.00 per unit per night|
|Cottage - 5 night stay||from £63.00 to £106.00 per unit per night|
*1 double bedroom
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Farm - Working Farm with rare breed Red Poll Cattle.
- In countryside - In AONB
- Midweek breaks
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Built approx 1626
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's play area
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Access to golf course - Nearby
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Can be arranged.
- Fishing - Private Lake
- Tennis court - Nearby
- All major credit cards accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Ironing Facilities
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Pets (Proprietors) on premises
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers - On Wessex Ridgeway Path
Room / Unit Features: Cottage - 7 night stay
- Colour Television
- Ironing Facilities
- Non smoking units
- Pets Accepted
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
From the A350, East Knoyle by pass, take the turning marked to West Tisbury. At the first crossroads, turn left. Cools Farm is nearly one mile up this road on the right.
Public Transport Directions
Tisbury Railway Station is on the main line from London Waterloo to the West. There are no local buses.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- prodell123Cranfield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPerfect Countryside Escape.Saturday, 20th June 2015My girlfriend and I wanted a relaxing weekend in the countryside. The Old Piggery at Cools Farm was perfect. It is a self catering outbuilding next to the main farm. It was very cosy and had... Read full review
- Simon GPeterborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA warm welcome awaits you at the Old PiggeryTuesday, 21st January 2014We stayed at the Old Piggery just before Christmas 2013 and loved it to bits. The cottage is situated in the grounds of the farmhouse at Cools Farm, which is miles from anywhere. Just views of... Read full review