AboutOldest pub in Salisbury, circa 1292. Specialising in reasonably priced Thai food and local microbreweries (Regional Real Ale Pub 2008). Call ahead or come early, as often busy mid-evening. Enjoy informal dining in a traditional English pub that still retains its original atmosphere. Brown Street car park nearby. Vegetarian food. Children welcome early evening. Dogs on leads permitted in designated areas.
- In town/city centre - 5 minutes walk from Market Square in centre of Salisbury
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Historic free house, circa 1292 with open fires, wooden floors and panelled benches
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Well behaved children welcome until 7pm.
- Accept children all ages
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - All city centre bus routes within east walking distance
- Parking (charge) - Brown Street pay and display car park nearby
- Cater for vegetarians
- Catering service
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Take away service - 5.30pm to 7.30pm and 8.30pm to 10pm. (Fri and Sat 5.30pm to 7pm and 9pm to 10.30pm).
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 55
- Solo accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Available for wedding receptions - Private parties any Sunday or day times.
- Booking required
- Cater for groups
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs on leads permitted in designated areas
- Groups accepted - Max. 55 diners
- Licenced for alcohol
- Non smoking areas
- Number of covers - 45
- Number of people seated - 45
- Number of people standing - 12
- Open all year
- Pets accepted
- Pre/post theatre menu - Pre theatre menu. Discount for orders before 6.30pm
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Special provisions for cyclists
Map & Directions
Located in Salisbury city centre, close to Brown Street car park. Other car parks: Park & Ride or any city centre car parks.
Public Transport Directions
All city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Salisbury Railway Station approx 15 minutes walk.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good47
- NapaBarbaraNapaTrip Type:CouplesThe Food Is Very Good ThaiMonday, 27th March 2017This restaurant is set in one of the oldest buildings in Salisbury with a lot of character. The only draw back is it needs to be a little cleaner. The table was sticky. The food was very good... Read full review
- acersareaceBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessGood food, decent portionsSunday, 26th March 2017This is a thai/chinese restaurant in a traditional english pub. They serve traditional ales. Had chicken and prawn toast and chicken chow mein which was very tasty. My colleagues also enjoyed their... Read full review
- dnasher2Salisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayBest Thai in SalisburyTuesday, 14th March 2017I love going to the Rai D'Or. I've tried all the Thai restaurants in Salisbury and it is by far the best. The food is plentiful, really tasty and good value for money. The set menus are perfect for... Read full review