Built in 1880 as a grain mill, Fisherton Mill is the south of England’s largest independent gallery with onsite café & artist studios. Having celebrated its 21st year in 2015, it is a haven for discerning shopaholics and foodies alike. Set over two floors the Mill retains many original features which add to the atmosphere.
The Gallery exhibits work by many leading artists, furniture makers and sculptors as well as an ever-changing array of jewellery, ceramics, glasswork and decorative items. There are also studio workshops on site.
The award-winning Café serves a great selection of homemade cakes. Lunch is light and modern using fresh produce prepared to order with healthy choices for children. There is courtyard seating for fine days. Around the courtyard and on the first floor are creative studios where you can visit artists and designers at work.
Centrally situated in Salisbury, mid-way between the Market Square and Railway Station along Fisherton Street and close to the central carpark – look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
- Groups Accepted - pre-booking required, please
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor only
- On-Site café/restaurant
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour +
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 5
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open all year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
- Fisherton Mill Cafe
- Discover Fisherton Mill Studios
- Discover Fisherton Mill Gallery
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- Holly STrip Type:Solo travelNice treatsMonday, 3rd April 2017Lovely quirky place for food Home made tasty cakes and snacks Love it Worth a visit if you want something English and authentically wholesome And tasty Lovely puds too Read full review
- renewayolantaTisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelniceTuesday, 14th March 2017nice arty cafe its got style you can also shop. cakes were lovely coffee was also quality if you are looking soewhere unique i highly recommend this place Read full review
- djsmdMiddletown, MarylandTrip Type:CouplesDelightful lunch and craftsWednesday, 8th March 2017Our stop here was recommended by our innkeeper and we were very glad we followed up on her suggestion. It's just a bit off the beaten tourist path and felt more like we were temporary locals. The... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Small business of the year 2013
- Regional and Miscellaneous Winner South West Business of the Year Awards 2015 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous FSB Worldpay UK Business Awards 2016 - Winner Best Family Business 2016 2016