The perfect Queen Anne townhouse. Imagine living here, walk down the fine oak staircase, enjoy the magnificent plasterwork and sit in the library.
See the fine furniture and important collection of 18th century drinking glasses. Mompesson House featured as Mrs Jennings’ London home in the award-winning film ‘Sense and Sensibility’.
There are peaceful gardens with tea room.
For 2015 exhibition entitled ‘Sense and Sensibility Revisited: Did Jane Austen know the Portman Sisters of Mompesson House?
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.30 per ticket|
|Child||£3.00 per ticket|
|Family||£15.75 per ticket|
|Garden only||£1.00 per ticket|
|Gift Aid Adult||£7.30|
|Gift Aid Child||£3.65|
|Gift Aid Family||£18.25|
|Groups||£4.90 per ticket|
Free to National Trust members with a valid membership card.
|2017 (11 Mar 2017 - 5 Nov 2017)|
|2017 winter (25 Nov 2017 - 17 Dec 2017)|
* Last entry to the house is at 4.30pm
Between Thursday 28 July and Friday 2 September 2016 Mompesson House will be open every day. Opening times will remain the same during this time – 11am-5pm with last entry to the house at 4.30pm.
- No Dogs
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.Group bookings accepted only during normal opening hours.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - house
- Outdoor Attraction - garden
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Large print guide, Braille guides, scented plants.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor of house, garden and tea room.
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - City centre pay and display car parks.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Garden tea room, for 20. Light lunch and teas.
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - 10
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good141
- Jane DHorsham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSalisburys Gem!Wednesday, 22nd March 2017Stunning house, lovely furniture and glass, can walk all round rooms no barriers. Beautiful embroidery, stump work amazing, take a torch to view the faded colours. In fact always take a torch to NT... Read full review
- DaveKirtonLeicester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayNT property close to CathedralMonday, 20th March 2017A stunning property with easy accessible lawns and boarders, well situated close to the Cathedral. Well worth a visit. Read full review
- rownhams2017Southampton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSmall but perfectly formed!!!Saturday, 18th March 2017Spent a lovely few hours visiting this beautiful house on a dreary Saturday morning. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were made to feel very welcome. The house has amazing views of... Read full review