Salisbury Museum is situated in the medieval King’s House, within the glorious setting of the Cathedral Close. The museum has fantastic collections, events and exhibitions year round. A new world-class gallery of archaeology houses one of Europe’s most extensive collections of Stonehenge and prehistoric artefacts. The King’s House Café serves lunches and cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£8.00 per ticket|
|Child (5-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 + 4)||£20.00 per ticket|
Donation Admissions can be tax effective if given under Gift Aid. Salisbury Museum can treat the whole amount paid as a donation and reclaim tax on the total. This amounts to an extra 25 per cent, potentially a very significant boost to Museum funds.
Different charges may apply to major exhibitons.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 23 Dec 2017)|
* Open Mondays to Saturday 10am - 5pm.
Open Sundays in April to October 12noon - 5pm.
Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.
- Groups Accepted - Pre-booking essential.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Hearing loop in the Lecture Hall.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Improved visual acuity, large print brief guides on request.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee shop type refreshments. Lunches.
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 30
- Min group size - 10
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
- Festival of Archaeology 2015
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good71
- yjb2017Amesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWORTH A VISITTuesday, 21st March 2017Great home made cakes in a lovely quiet part of Salisbury. You can sit outside in the good weather with a great view of the Cathedral Read full review
- rod wTelford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSalisbury city breakSunday, 5th March 2017Interesting short trip back in time with exhibits from Stonehenge, and also an exhibition of pictures of the cathedral including Constables work. Helpful staff Read full review
- Alan HAndover, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVery interestingSunday, 5th March 2017Great selection of archeology from around Wiltshire. Plus other displays, currently Constable which was well worth seeing. Nice cafe too. Read full review