AboutTaking Life to the Extreme – Skydive Netheravon
What does ‘extreme’ mean? Jumping out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft could well be classed as extreme! But what if you were trained to skydive by some of the best military instructors in the country and jumped on the largest drop zone in Europe? The Army Parachute Association here at Netheravon is not only the home of the fantastic Red Devils, but is renowned for training skydivers from 16 to 95! Whether it’s a tandem jump for fun, an Accelerated Freefall or Static Line course, you will be trained to jump by the very best.
Tandem skydiving is the most unique way to celebrate your visit to Wiltshire whether you are on holiday, looking for a way to celebrate that special birthday or anniversary, or have just always wanted to experience a parachute jump! Located in the village of Netheravon and just a stones’ throw from the World Heritage site at Stonehenge, the Army Parachute Association has been introducing people to the thrills of flight for over 50 years. With three modern aircraft, state of the art equipment and highly trained military instructors, your journey into the world of parachuting will be one to remember for all the right reasons! We operate three Cesna Grand Caravans to give maximum load capacity, the largest packing hanger in the UK with padded flooring and heating and a kit store with state of the art equipment with reasonable hire prices. We also boast a full rigging room and service, FS and AFF instructors, weekend progression courses and refresher training for students with a full programme of advanced training and load organising for experienced jumpers: FS, Freefly, Wingsuit and Canopy Piloting. Our drop zone store sells all the skydiving equipment you may need: even those last minute toiletries you forgot to pack, and our canteen serves hot and cold food throughout the day and into the evening. On site we have camping facilities, including a great bar with a terrific atmosphere, so that you can enjoy a cold beer and watch that day’s skydiving on our big screen TVs. You will find our staff friendly and helpful and, of course, passionate about their sport.
Maybe you are looking for something different to enable you to raise money for your particular charity? We can help with that by providing discounts for groups of charity jumpers, sponsorship packs for participants and even arrange for BBQs to help you celebrate afterwards. One of the things we are most proud of is helping both able and disabled servicemen and women to parachute again once they have left the service as well as well as those in civilian life who may be finding life difficult. Our dedicated team at Netheravon pride themselves with being able to give everyone that special thrill of flying whatever their disability.
For those experienced jumpers who have done over 200 jumps there is a chance to start a new adventure, that of Wingsuiting! Netheravon have just been privileged to host the first World Cup and has World champions within its ranks as well as winners in many other national and international competitions.
So, whether you are a complete beginner or have been skydiving for years we have something for everyone here at Skydive Netheravon. From the thrill and anticipation of that first jump, right through to the exhilaration and sense of adventure for those who eventually take up the extreme sport of Wingsuiting, this sport has it all.
One day, One Jump, One Big Adventure!
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
Parachuting is a weather dependant sport. Courses and skydives may be cancelled or postponed if the weather conditions are considered unsafe.
- In countryside
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities - This is by prior arrangement only. Please telephone our office.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age but children must be supervised
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route - Wilts & Dorset bus route X5. The bus stop is only 1.5 miles from the centre
- On site parking
- Bar - Open on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays after the last aircraft has taken off.
- Café - Open from 8am daily
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served from 8am till 11.30am.
- Serve evening meal - Serve evening meal Evening meals are available at the weekends
- Serve lunch - Lunch is served from 12 noon
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - No Maximum
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates - For groups of 6 and more.
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accommodation nearby
- Accommodation on site
- Cater for Corporate events
- Equipment/clothing available for hire - We have a large stock of state of the art equipment for hire.
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- First Aid
- Fitness level required - low - In some cases a doctor's certificate may be required
- Fully qualified instructors - All our instructors are fully qualified to British Parachute Association standards.
- Instructor training
- Insurance included - 3rd Party
- Lessons/courses available - Lessons and courses are available for all experience levels.
- Non members welcome
- Open all year
- Shop - We have a small store selling t-shirts, souvenirs and skydiving equipment.
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - Discounts are available for groups of 6 and over
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Directions from the South Coast
Drive to Salisbury, and follow signs for the A345 towards Amesbury and Marlborough. Follow “A345 driving north” directions given below.
A303 driving West from Basingstoke
At the A303’s Countess Roundabout (Amesbury), take the third exit onto the A345, following signs to Marlborough. Please follow the” A345 driving north” directions, given below.
A303 driving East from Exeter.
At the A303’s Countess Roundabout (Amesbury), take the first exit onto the A345, following signs to Marlborough. Please follow the “A345 driving north” directions, given below.
A345 Driving North from Amesbury (Countess Roundabout) towards Marlborough
At Netheravon (approx. 5 miles) take the first right immediately before the ‘Dog and Gun’ Pub, signposted “Airfield Camp”.
Take the next right at the triangular junction (50 metres).
Follow the road towards Airfield camp (600 metres).
A345 driving South from Marlborough towards Amesbury
At Netheravon turn left immediately after the Dog and Gun pub.
Turn right at the triangular junction (50 meters).
Follow the road towards Airfield camp (600 meters).
WARNING. Tom Tom and other Sat Navs will direct you to entirely the wrong place if you enter our postcode (SP4 9SF). You must approach the camp from the A345.
Public Transport Directions
From the south and north you can take the X5 Wilts and Dorset bus which operates between Salisbury and Swindon. The bus will stop at Netheravon High Street. From here walk away from the centre of the village towards Netheravon church (turning right if arriving from the south and left if arriving from the north). With the church on your right continue along this road, over a small bridge and up Choulston Hill. This route is signed “Airfield Camp”. At the top of the hill you will see the entrance to Airfield Camp where you will need to show photo identification. From there you will be given directions to the Skydving Centre. From the bus stop to Skydive Netheravon is approximately 1.5 miles.
If arriving by train, take any service arriving at Salisbury or Pewsey. From there take the X5 Wilts and Dorset bus and follow the directions above.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Kerri LTrip Type:Friends getawayAbsolutely phenomenal experience!!Friday, 2nd December 2016Probably the most amazing experience of my life. Instructors were all so friendly, and made sure you knew exactly what you were doing/relaxed you enough to enjoy the experience to the maximum. I've... Read full review
- Nicola FukTrip Type:FamilyNikkiWednesday, 19th October 2016Amazing, fantastic, exillerating, Birthday treat for my husband who knew nothing about the day ahead until we arrived. From the moment we booked in could not fault a thing. Reception...fab... Read full review
- Wilsy88Trip Type:Solo travelWOW!!Thursday, 13th October 2016Seriously the best experience of my life. The feel of floating through the air after a 120mph free fall is something else! The team at Netheravon were fantastic, the reception staff were calming and... Read full review