Stonehenge is the best-know prehistoric monument in Europe. It endures as a source of inspiration and fascination, and a place of worship and celebration.
A world-class visitor centre houses museum-quality permanent and special exhibitions, a café and spacious shop.
The Stone Circle sits at the top of the Avenue, the ancient approach to the site, and the surrounding landscape is open for exploration.
Entrance is managed through timed tickets, and advanced booking is strongly advised. Pre-booking gives guaranteed entrance on the day and at the time of your choice; there is limited walk-up availability.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Gift Aid||£16.00 per ticket|
|Adult Non Gift Aid Advanced Price||£15.50|
|Child Gift Aid||£9.60 per ticket|
|Child Non Gift Aid Advanced Price||£9.30|
|Concession Gift Aid||£14.40 per ticket|
|Concession Non Gift Aid Advanced Price||£13.90|
|Family Gift Aid||£41.60 per ticket|
|Family Non Gift Aid Advanced Price||£40.30|
Above prices are for pre-booked tickets and advance booking is strongly recommended to guarantee entry. English Heritage and National Trust members admitted free. Please note: All Travel Trade, paying group and education group visits must be pre-booked.
The Gift Aid admission price includes a voluntary donation of 10%. Provided you have paid enough UK Income or Capital Gains Tax * (to cover all of your Gift Aid donations in this tax year), English Heritage is able to reclaim tax on the whole amount you have paid - that's 25p on every £1. This extra money enables us to undertake vital conservation and education projects and ensure that many of England's most important historic sites can continue to be enjoyed by future generations.
* Other taxes such as Council Tax and VAT do not apply.
|Open New Year|
|2017 (25 Mar 2017 - 31 May 2017)|
|2017 (1 June 2017 - 31 Aug 2017)|
|2016/17 (16 Oct 2017 - 15 Mar 2018)|
* 26 Dec & 1 Jan, 10am-4pm
24-25 Dec Closed
Last admission is 2 hours before the advertised closing time. Opening times for 20-22 June may be subject to change due to the Summer Solstice.
- In countryside
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - Parking is available on site. This is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders. A parking ticket is required if you are not visiting Stonehenge itself. These can be bought from ticket kiosks on site.
- On-Site café/restaurant - A 110-seater counter service café serves hot and cold drinks, soup, sandwiches, cakes, salads and other sweet and savoury delicacies. Visitors can enjoy countryside views while eating delicious food, either inside or outside, where there is additional seating and tables for 60 people under the dappled shade of the canopy roof.
- Approx length of visit - A 2 hour visit is recommended. This provides sufficient time to explore the visitor centre, with its internal and external exhibitions and its greatly improved facilities, and to take the 20-minute round-trip journey to and from the Stone Circle.
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages - Audio Commentary in English and Foreign Languages, subject to availability and a fee.
- Dogs Accepted - Assistance dogs welcome throughout. Dogs on leads allowed around the outside of the visitor centre. Dogs also welcome on National Trust land.
- Open all year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Dutch audio guide
- French audio guide
- German audio guide
- Italian audio guide
- Japanese audio guide
- Mandarin audio guide
- Polish audio guide
- Russian audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Mandarin printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Education group visits must be pre-booked, call +44 (0) 370 333 0606 for further details.
Map & Directions
- New Dawn at Stonehenge
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good2708
- wiseguy1282005Hong Kong, ChinaTrip Type:CouplesOnce in your life to seeMonday, 27th March 2017Just imagine the history behind all those stones. Nobody can confirm how they moved the stones. Simply it was once for your life time to see this piece of mystery! It was worth to see and it didn't... Read full review
- Laura CTelford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWeekend BreakMonday, 27th March 2017A very enjoyable day out and an impressive site. We spent about 3 hours here, and I paid to have the special access to walk inside of the stones after closing (mostly because this was a Christmas... Read full review
- Maria APittsburgh, PennsylvaniaTrip Type:Friends getawayVery Cool!Monday, 27th March 2017I know they are just rocks but I have to admit, they were pretty cool rocks! It's just one of those things you here about on TV and stuff all the time but you never actually think you're going to... Read full review