AboutWe are a family business offering accompanied cycle tours through some of the UK’s most beautiful and historic countryside. At Heritage Cycle Tours we supply you with a high quality bicycle, helmet and bag when you join us on a one-day tour from Salisbury, Marlborough or Winchester.
Stonehenge is on our tour from Salisbury. Unlike most people, you won’t have to sit in traffic jams before you get there. Instead, with Heritage Cycle Tours you arrive over the crest of a hill, fresh air filling your lungs, to be greeted with a clear view of those famous stones. After a lunch break we also stop off at the Iron Age settlement of Old Sarum on our way back to Salisbury.
Avebury - the largest stone circle in Europe -is included on our loop from Marlborough. This tour covers an area dripping with ancient sites and includes a forest avenue, white horse hills and a canal towpath. And – from more recent history – you may spot a few mysterious crop circles too.
Our tour from Winchester takes in trout streams, watercress beds and thatched cottages. Visit the pretty little town of Alresford with its steam railway before cycling past a Civil War battle site. We then head off to a lunchtime pub which brews its own beer. On our return to Winchester, we ride around the Cathedral and through the centre of the ancient city.
Whether you are travelling on your own or in a large group, we would love to show you around. And because we can provide everything for you, all you need to do is relax and enjoy the ride. We will take you far from the stresses of everyday life, guiding you through quiet rural roads and trails at your own pace. From the moment we meet you until we wave goodbye, we make sure you're well looked after.
If you would prefer a shorter trip, visit a different area or take a tour over several days, we can configure an excursion to meet your requirements. A full description of our tours and options is available on our web site. Please telephone or email us for availability.
|Open All Year|
|2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Open every day 9:00 - 18:00
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Cycle hire
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accept coach parties
- Cater for groups
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- Fitness level required - low
- Fitness level required - medium
- Open all year
- Self guided walks/cycle rides
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Circular Route
- Easy Route
- Moderate Route
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- Ximena04Bogota, ColombiaTrip Type:FamilyIncredible coupleMonday, 11th January 2016Lyn and Dave were incredible. We got the perfect bicycle for each member of our family, with all the safety gear. We went from Salisbury to Stonehenge riding thru narrow pathways with beautiful... Read full review
- Carolyn TBrisbane, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesGreat tour of StonehengeWednesday, 9th September 2015We recently did a cycle tour with Dave and Lyn. We had a great day. The tour was very well organised and Dave is very knowledgeable about the sites around Stonehenge. We opted not to pay for an audio... Read full review
- PetergoesjoggingEssen, GermanyTrip Type:Friends getawayExcellentTuesday, 16th June 2015To put it in a nutshell: we appriciated a unique, extraordinary and impeccably organised bicycle tour through one of the most beautiful regions in the South of England. Dave is a cheerful, amiable... Read full review