Founded in 1880, Kingsdown Golf Club is the second oldest Golf Club in the West of England (behind Westward Ho!) and the oldest Club in Wiltshire.
Our downland course is renowned for its stunning scenery, beautiful fairways and superb greens. The excellent drainage makes play possible all year round.
From the Men’s White Tees, the course, a Par 72, measures 6,501 yards in length. For the Ladies, the Red Tees boast 5,744 yards and a Par 73.
|Open New Year|
|Summer (1 Apr 2017 - 16 Oct 2017)|
|Winter (17 Oct 2017 - 31 Mar 2018)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Restaurant - Good sized Restaurant and one-off dining in The Plowright Room
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - Available post golf or for visitors
- Serve lunch - Bar Menu available as well as 3-course meals in The Dining Room
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accommodation nearby
- Cater for Corporate events - In our Plowright Room (equipped with AV equipment, Sky & BT Sport)
- Conference facilities
- Drying Facilities - For wet golf clothes – in the Locker Rooms
- First Aid
- Lessons/courses available - Golf lessons available throughout the day at varying rates
- Lockers available - In both the Men’s & Ladies' Locker Rooms
- Members only - Guests and societies welcome anytime
- Non members welcome - Anytime
- Shop - Pro Shop for golf clubs and clothes
- Showers - In both Men’s & Ladies' Locker Rooms
- Toilets - Toilets in Men’s & Ladies' Locker Rooms + 1 x Disabled Toilet
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Just up the road from Fiveways, Kingsdown Golf Club (postcode SN13 8BS) is a short drive from Corsham. Easily accessible from Bath, Chippenham and Melksham by car.
Public Transport Directions
X72 from either Bath or Melksham.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- seant1968Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayexcellentWednesday, 9th September 2015A players course in great condition. Amazing staff nothing too much trouble. well done Kingsdown Team Read full review
- JacksonmanFromeFromeTrip Type:Solo travelFantastic day's golfWednesday, 1st April 2015I played here recently and really enjoyed the course. Fantastic drainage on the course makes it a winter haven. A lot of the course was built on old quarry land and i'm informed that it's the 2nd... Read full review
- WiltsGolferWiltshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelAbsolute delightTuesday, 17th March 2015Despite the greens being sanded, this course is in superb condition. All staff, greenkeepers, pro shop and bar staff extremely friendly - looking forward to playing again. Read full review