We are a highly commended riding school, incorporating a livery, offering high quality, professional and friendly horse riding services for all the family.
The riding school offers private, semi private and group lessons with British Horse Society qualified people. We welcome all ages and abilities and we include beginners and experienced riders. If you like horses and ponies and just wondered what it might be like to ride, then we can introduce you to this amazing sport. Just contact us anytime.
Rest assured though, we will match a horse or pony to the lesson that will suit your ability and requirements. This will involve appropriate safety talks and assessment of your requirements beforehand. After your lesson you will spend time with your instructor who will advise on your progress and how you can move forward, if you want to. We hope to see you regularly, but if you only want a holiday one off experience, you will remember that horse for the rest of your life and you will have made a new friend!
We also have 2 and 3 hour horsey experiences to include riding and stable management modules such as tacking up, grooming etc.
Why not hold your kids birthday party at Rein and Shine. Pony grooming, riding, games – please call for details. Regular pony days and competitions are held, so please check our events, news and Hoof Club pages on our website. We can even hold hen or stag parties (no alcohol) – book well in advance please.
The covered and outdoor viewing areas offer refreshments to all visitors. Why not relax in the viewing areas, watching the scene and take in the glorious south western views. Dog owners are more than welcome – please keep your pet under control at all times.
Our Half Pint Hoof Club and Hoof Club for 4-15 year olds offers education modules to suit those with or without a horse wanting to learn to ride, as well as sessions in horse care, stable management horse welfare. If the seniors Hoof Club is completed (13+) covering most elements up to the initial stages of the British Horse Society stage 1 exam. Whether you want to learn more about horses, just have fun or even take up a career, become a Hoof Club member.
We have 60mx40m and 40mx40m outdoor maneges with lights and seasonal jumping field, plus cross country jumping.
Booking is required in advance. We can hire out basic riding safety equipment, so please state your requirements when making your booking.
Our American barn indoor livery stables offer secure alarmed tack rooms, large stables and a wash down area with hot and cold water and a solarium. Livery customers have use of a lounge with TV and wifi. Full and flexi livery available, possibly for holiday livery – please contact us for availability.
Just call in anytime, watch the horses, enjoy the views and relax with a drink and a snack. It is idyllic!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Child sessions (age 4-15)||£21.00|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2017 (2 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- In countryside
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- All areas accessible to disabled visitors
- Designated parking provided for guests with disabilities
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - riding from 4 upwards, any age on site if accompanied
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 5
- Visa accepted
- Accommodation nearby
- Equipment/clothing available for hire
- Experience level - beginner
- First Aid
- Fully qualified instructors
- Instructor training
- Lessons/courses available
- Open all year
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
To find the equestrian centre with our livery and riding school at Buryhill Farm then please follow these directions:
We are situated on the B4696 which runs from nearby Royal Wootton Bassett northwards through Minety and Ashton. We are just before the Minety crossroads if you are travelling North and just after the hump back bridge if you are travelling South on this road.
From the M4 – exit at junction 16 and follow the signs for Wootton Bassett and Purton heading west along the Swindon Road (A3102). Go over two roundabouts joining the Malmesbury Road (B4042). Go past the Jubilee lake ad the road takes you back under the M4. After 1/2 mile turn right signposted for Cirencester, Braydon and Cricklade (B4696). Continue along this road for 2 miles going through the Braydon crossroads (signed for Cricklade and Cirencester). Continue along the B4696 for another 1.1 miles, and you will see White Lodge Care Home on your right. Continue for another 400 yards and we are the first property on the left immediately after the brow of a right hand bend. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side.
From the North - take the A417 from the M5 heading towards Cirencester and Swindon. After passing the Cirencester turn off join the A419 heading south. At the Spine Road Junction take the 4th exit joining the Cirencester Road (B4696)towards the Cotswold Water Park. At the next roundabout take the second exit onto Spine Road East (B4696). At the staggered crossroads turn left onto North End (B4696). At the traffic signals continue onto the Braydon Road (B4696). After about 0.8 miles you reach a hump back bridge and we are the second property on the right hand side just after the bridge. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side. If you reach the White Lodge care home you have gone too far!
From Malmesbury - take the B4040 and head through Charlton and Minety. At the traffic signals on a cross roads signed to Ashton Keynes, Cricklade and Braydon / Wootton Bassett turn right onto the Braydon Road (B4696). After about 0.8 miles you reach a hump back bridge and we are the second property on the right hand side just after the bridge. Pull in and the car park is 50 yards on the left hand side.
Phone: 01666 860068
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- tiny2310Cirencester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFirst time on a horseSaturday, 9th July 2016Daughter had a lovely time at rein and shine first time on a horse enjoyed every minute of it thanks to the staff will be going again very soon Read full review
- ladyridercymruGosport, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful first time experience.Monday, 4th April 2016I had booked a 30 minute lesson for my grandsons 5th birthday. He loves horses and ponies and had only ever sat on one once a year ago so I knew he would enjoy a proper riding lesson. The yard is... Read full review
- Sammi BSwindon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyFantastic 5* Riding school and livery yardTuesday, 5th January 2016Rein and Shine is set in beautiful surroundings with excellent facilities for both rider and spectator. Riding lessons are varied, challenging and tailored to each individual, with progress of the... Read full review