Holiday Lodge Close to Longleat
With a delightful rural location and lovely views over the countryside, Crockerton Lodge is a two-bedroomed, self-catered holiday lodge in the Wiltshire village of Crockerton.
The setting near the borders of Wiltshire, Somerset and Dorset is perfect for exploring the wealth of celebrated historic sites, delightful walks, leisure activities and charming towns and villages in the region.
We are situated close to the edge of the Longleat Estate; site of the stunning stately home of the Marquess of Bath and the UK's leading Safari Park. Within easy reach are two World Heritage Sites: the Neolithic stone circles of Stonehenge and Avebury, and the city of Bath which offers innumerable shining examples of Roman and Georgian history and architecture.
As a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the surrounding countryside is perfect for memorable forest, lakeside and open countryside walks. The locale also offers captivating 18th Century National Trust Gardens at Stourhead and the tallest spire in England at Salisbury Cathedral.
As for the Lodge itself, it provides modern, airy and bright accommodation. There is a spacious open-plan living area, including the kitchen, dining area and lounge. The spacious fitted bathroom and 2 good size bedrooms (one double and one twin) complete the comfort for one or two couples or a small family. There is a private patio area just outside with a lovely view.
The Lodge is single storey, offering convenient external access and internal use.
Situated close to the intersection of the A36 and A350 and within a few miles of the A303 makes road access very straightforward.
Weekly packages are offered and long weekend or midweek stays are also considered.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 5th Aug 2020
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 6th Aug 2020
- No. of Nights:
Your Search for Crockerton Lodge:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Crockerton Lodge||from £450.00 to £635.00 per unit per week|
*Please note long weekends and mid week breaks can be considered.
£350 - £550 price range.
|2020 (28 Feb 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Linen provided
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Midweek breaks - Can be considered
- Non smoking establishment
- Village Location
- Weekend breaks - Can be considered
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - 2 parking spaces
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque only
Room / Unit Features
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Accommodation
- Oven / Cooker
Room / Unit Features: Crockerton Lodge
- Central Heating
- Colour Television
- Drying Facilities
- DVD Player
- Non smoking units
- Pets Accepted
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
Crockerton is located just off the A350, approximately 1 mile south of the intersection of the A350 with the A36 Salisbury to Bath road, in the direction of Shaftesbury. Alternatively the village is 7 miles north of the A303 main holiday route.
Turn off the A350 into the village and then turn into Clay Street at the Bath Arms pub in the direction of Shearwater. Crockerton Lodge will be found in Broadmead Lane, the 1st right turn off Clay Street.
Public Transport Directions
The nearest railway stations are Warminster station (2.5 miles) which has services from London Waterloo, Bristol and Bath, and Westbury Station (9 miles) which has services from London Paddington.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Freedom485897Home away from homeMonday, 18th June 2018The lodge was very well appointed and the location and setting very peaceful. Jan was very accommodating for our need to arrive earlier. The lodge was well appointed and there were some very nice... Read full review
- dobson72Preston, United KingdomWonderful place to stayMonday, 13th August 2018The lodge is beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean. Very well equipped. Jan and Andy were very friendly and helpful hosts. A quiet location yet close to all amenities and places to visit. Read full review
- bj0nes86Sutton Coldfield, United KingdomGreat lodge in a beautiful locationTuesday, 18th September 2018We stayed at the Lodge in July during the extreme heatwave, with my parents and our young baby. The hosts could not have been more accommodating, making sure we had a fan to keep our baby cool. The... Read full review