AboutThe Old Mill Hotel is a 15th century building with features dating back to 1250. From its early ecclesiastical beginnings, it was transformed in the 16th century to a paper mill. The hotel is in the most tranquil location while the shopping and tourist district of Salisbury city centre is easily accessed via a beautiful 10 minute walk through Harnham Meadows.
There are 11 rooms set over three floors in the newer part of the building, a mere 300 years old. The views from these are spectacular, the Harnham Hills, the River Nadder or our fabulous garden.
The restaurant is set in the oldest part of the hotel (1200s) and sits above a viewable mill run.
A perfect pub serving fantastic food, great real ales, wine and fresh ground coffee.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features: Single en suite
- Size in square meters - 8
Map & Directions
Follow signs for the ring road around Salisbury until turning for Harnham. About 900 yards along Netherhampton Road turn right just after grass island in the middle of the road, then 2nd right.
Public Transport Directions
From Salisbury Station (walking). Turn right out of station car park and follow the road until Queen Elizabeth Gardens. Approaching the gardens turn right onto the wooden bridge, The Old Mill is at the end of this path.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good179
- WestCountryGreenManWorthing, United KingdomAbsolutely fantastic place to stay.Sunday, 16th February 2020I booked a superior room at the Old Mill Hotel for Valentine's Day night. When, upon our arrival, my wife saw the views across the water meadows to the Cathedral and then saw the room I'd booked she... Read full review
- E WMilford Haven, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyPopped in for an afternoon rest.Sunday, 23rd February 2020Lovely walk from the cathedral. Popped in for a hot toddy, great service we had honey, lemon and cloves in no time. Lemonade for the kids and a nice old mill beer. Wood fire. River view. What a... Read full review
- theresabI8914MVWeekend awaySunday, 23rd February 2020Picked this hotel for the location and the scenery however I was very disappointed from the moment I entered the room. It is tried looking and could do with redecoration. We had a superior... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- AA Awards AA Dinner Award 2011