The Old Mill Hotel is a 15th century building with features dating back to 1250. From its early ecclesiastical beginnings, it was transformed in the 16th century to a paper mill. The hotel is in the most tranquil location while the shopping and tourist district of Salisbury city centre is easily accessed via a beautiful 10 minute walk through Harnham Meadows.
There are 11 rooms set over three floors in the newer part of the building, a mere 300 years old. The views from these are spectacular, the Harnham Hills, the River Nadder or our fabulous garden.
The restaurant is set in the oldest part of the hotel (1200s) and sits above a viewable mill run.
A perfect pub serving fantastic food, great real ales, wine and fresh ground coffee.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features: Single en suite
- Size in square meters - 8
Map & Directions
From Follow signs for the ring road around Salisbury until turning for Harnham. About 900 yards along Netherhampton Road turn right just after grass island in the middle of the road, then 2nd right.
Public Transport Directions
From Salisbury Station (walking). Turn right out of station car park and follow the road until Queen Elizabeth Gardens. Approaching the gardens turn right onto the wooden bridge, The Old Mill is at the end of this path.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good188
- WorldWideWriterBath, United KingdomGreat location but a bit chaoticFriday, 20th August 2021Some pluses and minuses here. The hotel has a great location and it's a lovely walk into town through the water meadows. And it's a really interesting old building. However they seem to be very short... Read full review
- lisabE8161TKTrip Type:CouplesShort Salisbury breakTuesday, 24th August 2021Lovely break away for us, hotel is a little tired and could be updated but the hospitality from the staff was amazing, Grant looked after us and went above and beyond. Salisbury was a short walk... Read full review
- hughieboyMarsh Gibbon, United KingdomAbsolute dive….. stunning location!Sunday, 29th August 2021Well, what a conundrum! Booked this for a night based on the ‘4/5’ average rating and description of the location. The location is stunning, you are by water and meadows and right on the footpath in... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- AA Awards AA Dinner Award 2011