*The Swan in Bradford on Avon will be reopening from 4 July. Find out more.*
A charming Inn in the centre of town by the river, full of character combining the traditions of an old inn, dating back to the 16th and 17th Century with a contemporary twist.
The Swan has the comfort and style of a quality hotel with the character and charm of an old country inn. All 12 guest rooms are unique and are of different shapes and sizes. All rooms are en-suite and fully equipped with luxury bedding, towels, toiletries, flat screen televisions, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, writing desks and complimentary mineral water. And the hotels private car park makes arriving by car a luxury while those arriving by train have a short walk between the station and the hotel.
The restaurant focuses on Thai food, offering a full Thai menu with an exciting range of home cooked and authentically food prepared by the hotels' own Thai Chef. There is also a 'Pub Classics menu on offer for the less adventurous, having said that the wide range of dishes available from across Thailand means that not all offerings are spicy, so the relaxed casual atmosphere often entices 'first timers' to venture onto the Thai menu! While the more experienced will enjoy the authentically prepared flavours.
The Hotel is ideal for smaller wedding receptions of up to 60 people in the main hotel or Coach House or evening functions in the cellar bar of up to 80 people, or combine the venues together and the hotel can host over 100.
The team will make all your arrangements for you, from menus to decorations and advice on how to get the best from the organisation of your special day, you can relax sure in the knowledge that the hotel’s team will have thought of everything!
Not only does the hotel cater for weddings but it is a popular venue for special occasions including birthdays, christenings and anniversaries, either booking one of the function rooms privately or simply booking a table in the restaurant, where they are quite happy to accommodate groups of 20-30 people.
Facilities available to hire include; The Coach House, The Cellar Bar, The Restaurant, the Front Bar and the Lounge, or for the exclusive event why not consider hiring the whole hotel, including the 12 well-appointed bedrooms.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Deluxe Double en-suite||£140.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double en-suite||£110.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Single en-suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double en-suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
- Special meal times for children
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Access to golf course - Cumberwell Park just 10 minutes away
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
From M4 junction 18, follow the A46, A4 and A363 towards Trowbridge. Bradford on Avon is signed on the way and The Swan is in the centre of the town.From the south take the A350 to Melksham and follow signs.
Public Transport Directions
Bradford on Avon railway station is three minutes from the hotel with regular services on the Wessex line.Buses from Bath and throughout Wiltshire travel through the town - X5 from Bath to Salisbury.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good89
- wvp20162016Chelmsford, United KingdomGood stay at The Swan HotelMonday, 28th September 2020We booked two double rooms for our stay on 18th September 2020. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There were good precautions in place for the current Covid situation. The best thing about this... Read full review
- Richard DWonderful place. Great meal. Lovely Waitess. Great serviceSunday, 18th October 2020Visited on Fri 16th Oct 2020. Were about 5 tables occupied at 7pm. The place is really nicely decorated in a Thai style. It's warm and cozy and just the sort of place to have a meal out with your... Read full review
- BonnieF29George Town, null, Cayman IslandsTrip Type:Solo travelFunctional and FriendlySaturday, 24th October 2020I thought the welcome and Covid measures were great. The floors, decor and furnishings all needed an upgrade and although I couldn’t fault the clean sheets - bed looks great but mattress feels 100yrs... Read full review