*The Vaults is currently closed to visitors, however is offering local beer delivery. Find out more.*
The Vaults is a very unique experience unlike any other in Wiltshire. Set in the heart of Devizes this grade 2 listed building is full of character, ambience and atmosphere. This is the place to try if you like to experience new flavours and have your boundaries well and truly pushed by our helpful and knowledgeable staff.
A bank of 5 cask ale handpumps greets you when you enter and with no fixed range, each time you visit you’ll find something new. In addition there are 3 traditional ciders and over 100 different bottled beers and ciders from all over the world. You’ll find a beautifully designed menu that lists all the bottles and the most delicious locally sourced pies.
Tasting is the name of the game here. Most popular are the Beer Paddles where you can buy 3 x third of a pint of the ales or the ciders at the regular price of a pint. There are no rules that you have to buy one drink per person, you’re encouraged to buy bottles and have tasting glasses to share.
All the furniture and décor throughout has been designed and built by a local artist using recycled and scrap timber and metal and adds a touch of quirkiness to the venue.
Beer tasting evenings. We have dedicated and knowledgeable staff who will help you to understand and discover what goes into making the perfect pint whilst sampling a range of styles and flavours.
Also we have a great selection of board games to while away the time, from Connect Four to Top Trumps, as well as daily newspapers and books.
Find out more about the beers that are on on the day via the Vaults' Facebook page https://m.facebook.com/thevaultsdevizes
|Open New Year|
|2020 - *CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE* (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* *CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
Occasional later opening for special events. Fixed late licence for Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Take away service
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Broadband Internet Access
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Groups accepted
- Licenced for alcohol
- Number of covers - 45
- Number of people seated - 45
- Number of people standing - 30
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted - Very Welcome, dog bowls and snacks offered free.
- Pre/post theatre menu
- In town/city centre
- Max group size - 30
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Unique venue
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- On Bus Route
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Euros accepted
- JCB accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 20
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Take the A361 to Devizes from Somerset in the west or from Swindon in the east.In Market Place with The Bear Hotel on your right, continue walking past the zebra crossing, Peppermill Restaurant, The Silk Mercer then you’ll see the large Town Hall in front of you. Walk to the Town Hall and you’ll find The Vaults tucked back in on your right.
Public Transport Directions
X72, 271, 272 from Bath and Melksham stops in Devizes Market Place49 bus Swindon to Trowbridge stops in Devizes Market Place
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good33
- philwT818GLTrip Type:Solo travel1st Class Service & AlesFriday, 28th August 2020I always considered visiting them then Lockdown came. I only hope they can open again soon as I have used their delivery service which is excellent as is the choice of beers. Great service great... Read full review
- Tricky-Trees-CGTrip Type:Solo travelNO FAULTS WITH THE VAULTSSaturday, 29th August 2020Great choice of beers, ciders, nibbles, etc. Easy to use website. Good delivery with a smile and following COVID guidelines. Great service and selection, would recommend this. 10 out of 10. Read full review
- U3022VYmikemTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat real ales and craft beers.Tuesday, 1st September 2020The vaults are currently closed due to this dammed pandemic, however home deliveries and great staff still manage a connection to the loyal customers. Just a great experience if now somewhat remote... Read full review