About“Karibu” is located on the A30 in the market town of Wilton, south west of Salisbury. “Karibu” means WELCOME in Swahili. Bernie and Jane extend a very warm welcome to all who visit. There is ample on site parking and we will ensure that your stay will be a home from home experience. Wilton is steeped in history being the ancient capital of Wessex. There are numerous places of interest within a close proximity.
We have two non-smoking double en-suite rooms. One with shower over bath. These rooms are named “Dotty” and “Gemima” and it will become obvious why when you meet our pet ducks. Duck eggs are available for breakfast.
You will be offered complimentary refreshments on arrival. During your stay with us you may wish to use the terraced garden where there is ample seating, even a Turkish Cush at the bottom of the garden where you can relax, enjoy the music and look out over the Nadder Valley. The water meadow at the bottom of the garden is a nature reserve and all guests can make use of this for a walk, weather permitting.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double for single occupancy||from £60.00 to £70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
Children & Infants
- Unsuitable for Children
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Open All Year
- Separate guests' lounge
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Mobile Phone Reception
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
When Coming from Salisbury take A30 at Wilton roundabout “Karibu” is situated on the Shaftesbury Road 400 yards on the left past the Italianate Church. From Shaftesbury “Karibu” is on the right, 150 yards past the 30 mph speed limit. SP2 0DU via sat nav.
Public Transport Directions
By train to Salisbury station and then Wilts and Dorset bus Red 3 to Wilton running every 20 mins. Mon-Fri and hourly on Sunday.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good0
- williamsdad2016Bristol, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent b&bSaturday, 13th January 2018Stopped for two nights in December, everything was as good as previous stay which was excellent, especially the breakfast. View from rear bedroom is across nature reserve and fields. Jane and Bernie... Read full review
- MarkTwin1Greater Adelaide, AustraliaTrip Type:CouplesWhat you expect but rarely getSaturday, 11th August 2018It's everyone expectation, and Jane and Bernie know how to give it in bucket loads. It's the fine touches that count was well as the detail, right from greeting you at the front door to helping you... Read full review
- DREGSGrafham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBreakfast was exceptionalMonday, 1st July 2019Thanks so much for such a lovely welcome this weekend. We enjoyed our stay and just wished we could have made time to see the garden. The room had everything we could have dreamed of needing and... Read full review
- 4 Visit England Stars
- Visit Wiltshire Approved Accommodation Scheme
- Visit England Breakfast 2014