The Old Mill Hotel is a 15th century building with features dating back to 1250. From its early ecclesiastical beginnings, it was transformed in the 16th century to a paper mill. The hotel is in the most tranquil location while the shopping and tourist district of Salisbury city centre is easily accessed via a beautiful 10 minute walk through Harnham Meadows.
There are 11 rooms set over three floors in the newer part of the building, a mere 300 years old. The views from these are spectacular, the Harnham Hills, the River Nadder or our fabulous garden.
The restaurant is set in the oldest part of the hotel (1200s) and sits above a viewable mill run.
A perfect pub serving fantastic food, great real ales, wine and fresh ground coffee.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features: Single en suite
- Size in square meters - 8
Map & Directions
From Follow signs for the ring road around Salisbury until turning for Harnham. About 900 yards along Netherhampton Road turn right just after grass island in the middle of the road, then 2nd right.
Public Transport Directions
From Salisbury Station (walking). Turn right out of station car park and follow the road until Queen Elizabeth Gardens. Approaching the gardens turn right onto the wooden bridge, The Old Mill is at the end of this path.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good184
- Marek_VilisAshbourne, United KingdomNice outside, terrible insideSaturday, 26th December 2020We stayed at the house on Christmas Eve. Within 5 days before arriving, we got at least 3 phone calls asking what tier are we coming from. Three! Like they couldn't make a note. The check-in was very... Read full review
- Caroline BBournemouth, United KingdomPoor food and slow serviceSaturday, 17th April 2021A group of friends and I visited the old mill for lunch. Although the setting (beer garden) was lovely, sadly we were very disappointed by the food and slow service. Although all the servers were... Read full review
- MostlyfoodSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayShamblesSunday, 18th April 2021Only one star I’m afraid. That’s for the waiting staff. The only redeeming factor. They managed to cope under the shambolic management they clearly have to suffer with. Our table was filthy with bird... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- AA Awards AA Dinner Award 2011