*The Old Mill Hotel is reopening on 4 July. Find out more.*
The Old Mill Hotel is a 15th century building with features dating back to 1250. From its early ecclesiastical beginnings, it was transformed in the 16th century to a paper mill. The hotel is in the most tranquil location while the shopping and tourist district of Salisbury city centre is easily accessed via a beautiful 10 minute walk through Harnham Meadows.
There are 11 rooms set over three floors in the newer part of the building, a mere 300 years old. The views from these are spectacular, the Harnham Hills, the River Nadder or our fabulous garden.
The restaurant is set in the oldest part of the hotel (1200s) and sits above a viewable mill run.
A perfect pub serving fantastic food, great real ales, wine and fresh ground coffee.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin room||£125.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
Room / Unit Features: Single en suite
- Size in square meters - 8
Map & Directions
From Follow signs for the ring road around Salisbury until turning for Harnham. About 900 yards along Netherhampton Road turn right just after grass island in the middle of the road, then 2nd right.
Public Transport Directions
From Salisbury Station (walking). Turn right out of station car park and follow the road until Queen Elizabeth Gardens. Approaching the gardens turn right onto the wooden bridge, The Old Mill is at the end of this path.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good180
- abcxyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzDisappointing MealSunday, 19th July 2020The garden setting is lovely, but their food from a very limited menu was poor and over-priced - well over £10.00 for very basic burgers with indifferent chips and an OK salad. The only consolation... Read full review
- F412HEtaradTrip Type:FamilyFood and serviceMonday, 27th July 2020would not recommend going here we waited 25 mins before they even come to our table to take drinks then we said we would order food at same time as already waited so long for thr manager to chuck his... Read full review
- paulsD1026ETSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelDinner 🥘Saturday, 1st August 2020I had a lasagne & garlic 🧄 bread 🥖 with salad 🥗 & have had it 3 times! I am 60 this year & it is the best lasagne & garlic 🧄 bread 🥖 I have ever had in my entire life so that is quite a... Read full review
- 3 AA Stars Inn
- AA Awards AA Dinner Award 2011