Salisbury Cathedral is unique in being built almost entirely in one architectural style, Early English Gothic. Be inspired by the tranquillity of one of Britain’s finest medieval cathedrals.
Salisbury Cathedral is set within eight acres of lawn and is home to the world’s finest original Magna Carta, Europe’s oldest working clock and centuries of history.
Visitors can also explore the roof spaces on a Tower Tour, climbing 332 steps to the base of the spire or relax in the Refectory restaurant with a fabulous view of the spire above.
Services daily with Evensong at 5.30pm (Mon-Sat) or 4.30pm (Sun).
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (Recommended donation)||£7.50 per ticket|
|Child (5-17) (Recommended donation)||£3.00 per ticket|
|Family (Recommended donation)||£15.00 per ticket|
|Senior (Recommended donation)||£6.50 per ticket|
|Student (Recommended donation)||£4.50 per ticket|
|Tower Tour Adult||£12.50 per ticket|
|Tower Tour Family||£30.00 per ticket|
|Tower Tour Under 18||£8.00 per ticket|
The Cathedral has a dedicated Travel Groups & Visitors Co-ordinator as a personal point of contact for planning and booking group visits. Simply call our booking line 01722 555120 or email us at e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Tower Tours - Monday to Saturday. Times can be found on http://www.salisburycathedral.org.uk/visit-tower-tours/tower-tour-times-and-booking
Different prices for Christmas Tower Tours and Group Tower Tours apply. Please contact Salisbury Cathedral for details.
|Open All Year|
|Gift Shop and Restaurant (1 Jan 2014 - 31 Mar 2016)|
|2013 - 2016 (1 Jan 2014 - 31 Mar 2016)|
* As a living church access is restricted during services and opening times may vary at short notice especially at Easter and Christmas, please check online for closures before visiting. The shop and restaurant are open all year except for Christmas Day.
- Groups Accepted - Subject to Cathedral services.
- Wedding Venue
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Visitor leaflet and loop system during services (Minicom).
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Touch and feel model/linked commentary large print service books.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Parking for Disabled Badge holders is available – otherwise please use the city centre car parks or park and ride sites. There is some parking in the Cathedral Close - £6 all day.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Open daily, 0930-1730,snacks and freshly cooked meals, licensed. Not open Christmas Day.
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 02:00
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 10
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open all year
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Chinese printed material
- Czech printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Hungarian printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Latvian printed material
- Polish printed material
- Portuguese printed material
- Russian printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10
Map & Directions
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (French)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (German)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (Italian)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (Spanish)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (Portugese)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (Chinese)
- Salisbury Cathedral Introduction (Japanese)
- Visit England Quality Assured Visitor Attraction 2013