Romantic Weekends in Salisbury
For a great romantic weekend destination, consider Salisbury. Not only was Salisbury named as Lonely Planet’s ‘Best in Travel’ for 2015 but there are plenty of romantic things to do and places to stay here too.
Romantic things to do on a weekend to Salisbury:
• Join Salisbury Cathedral for one of their Tower Tours – the scene for several a proposal. You’ll also enjoy spectacular views over the city
• Stroll along the Town Path together and see scenes from where Constable painted his masterpiece of the cathedral
• Look out for relaxed jazz brunches at Fisherton Mill and enjoy music and food in this unique gallery
• Make the short journey to Wilton House (around 3 miles outside of Salisbury) and see where scenes from Pride & Prejudice were filmed
• Book onto an inner circle tour at Stonehenge at dawn or dusk, for spectacular big skies in this iconic attraction
• Be whisked away on a chauffer-driven private tour of Wiltshire
• Come in the lead up to Christmas to the Christmas Market and enjoy twinkling lights, festive music and some great shopping
• Travel to nearby Tisbury and enjoy a visit to the romantic ruins of Old Wardour Castle
Romantic places to stay on a weekend in Salisbury:
• Check into Milford Hall Hotel, with Lime Tree Spa. Book a couple’s treatment or simply relax in the hotel’s spa facilities.
• Stay in your own glamping pod and enjoy modern comforts beneath the stars
• Enjoy riverside views looking towards Salisbury Cathedral from the Legacy Rose & Crown and the Grasmere House Hotels
• Hire your own farmhouse for exclusive use in the pretty village of Britford
• Book a four-poster room within Rollestone Manor, just a short distance from Stonehenge
Discover more romantic places to stay on our accommodation pages.
Look out for some great events occurring in and around Salisbury too. From intimate plays at Salisbury Playhouse to concerts and performances as part of the Ageas Salisbury International Arts Festival.
We hope to welcome you to Salisbury soon!
Tags: Romantic Weekends in Salisbury, Romantic Breaks in Salisbury