Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm AKA Cholderton Charlie's is a Rare Breed Survival Trust (RBST) registered Rare Breeds Farm, and is part of the Cholderton Rare Breeds Farm Park experience. Offering a fantastic-value, fun filled family day out, suitable for all ages and interests!
We have so many gorgeous animals for you to meet, feed, cuddle and pet, most of which are British Rare Breeds! Down on The Farm we have: Pig Corner, Rabbit Village, Goat Mountain, Donkey Den, The Chicken Coop, Duck & Geese Ponds, Pony Pastures, Sheep Shelters and the Farmyard! All of these are displaying all of our furry friends in great enclosures so all ages can easily see all of the animals!
We also run great animal activities throughout the day, giving our guests lots of opportunities to interact with the animals and our helpful and friendly staff who will gladly answer all of your questions about the animals on The Farm, no matter how wacky! During peak times and weather permitting, we also do Tractor-Trailer Rides around the Grazing Field, which is a great and fun experience!
Please do call in advance to ensure your desired activity is taking place, to avoid disappointment 01980 629438
We also have lots of play equipment and areas including our indoor Playbarn as well our brand new 500 foot long, 32 foot high Tree Top Trail, as well as our Adventure Play area with our Treehouse, Zip-Line and Nest Swing! We also have other play equipment around The Farm, including: Climbing Frames, Trampolines as well as our Nature Walk, Water Gardens and so much more! See if you can find the wild badgers, deer, foxes, squirrels, peacocks, stoats and many other wild animals, when you're walking down on The Farm.
Conveniently located on-site, we also have our Ewe Tree Café & Bar, serving delicious homemade food, drinks and cakes all day every day from 9am. We welcome guests to just pop in to the cafe for food or drinks, it's a great meeting place even if it's too cold for you to visit the farm itself! We also have our gorgeous Gift Shop which is packed full with some great gifts, toys, homeware and other local artisan products, pop in and have a browse or shop while you wait for your food!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£7.95 per ticket|
|Child (2-17)||£6.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults+2 children)||£28.00 per ticket|
|Seniors/Visitors with disabilities||£5.00|
Under 2s and carers go free.
|2010/2017 (1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|2017 (1 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
* Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Years Day. Last admission 4.00pm (summer)Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Gift Shop
- Garden Centre
- Groups Accepted - Not Bank Holidays. Minimum of 10 - no maximum unless staying in hostel (70).
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - There are many things that are under cover including play areas and picnic areas.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Village Location
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children
Parking & Transport
- Coach Parking
- On site parking - free
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Lunches, snacks, cream teas. Sits 90 people.
- Picnic Site
- American Express accepted
- Approx length of visit - Four hours
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 8
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Visa accepted
- Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- Cater for groups
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Open all year
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- French spoken
Audio Commentary in Foreign Languages
- French audio guide
- Spanish audio guide
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
Just off the A303 between Andover and Amesbury OR from the A338 (Salisbury to Marlborough road) signposted with brown tourism signs "rare breeds farm".
Public Transport Directions
The nearest railway station is Grateley (approx. 3.5 miles) and Salisbury (approx. 9 miles). Wilts & Dorset Bus number 63 & 64 to Cholderton village from Salisbury ( Or bus to Stonehenge, stop in Amesbury and share taxi to farm
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good37
- MandyMoo2016Amesbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAlways a great day out.Monday, 27th March 2017What a great place to visit with young children. Excellent value for money as there is lots to see and do and keep youngsters amused. We even braved the tree top trail with a 3 month old! Tractor... Read full review
- miss_anticipatedLarkhill, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySmall but niceFriday, 17th March 2017We visit this place regularly with our 17month old little girl, quite often go with the grandparents. Everyone enjoys it here. The price is great and you can buy animal feed at £1 a bag. It's small... Read full review
- beargrizzlySalisbury, Wilts.Trip Type:FamilyVast Improvement!Tuesday, 14th March 2017We've been to Cholderton Charlies a few times but it had been at least 18 months since our last visit. Since then, the owners have clearly invested in the farm and the improvements are ongoing; be... Read full review