Wiltshire On A Budget
If you are looking for a good value holiday break or money saving days out then there are plenty of ways to help maximise your money in Wiltshire – just follow some of our tips below:
- Special offers – look out for seasonal offers, money off vouchers, pub and restaurant offers and discounted entry off attractions on our special offers pages.
- Visit our markets – many a deal can be struck in our local markets. Help stock up the fridge at prices often cheaper than the supermarkets.
- Download our walking or cycling routes for free and burn off some steam in the glorious Wiltshire countryside.
- Plan your visit ahead and you can often save money off transport tickets. Train companies often offer special rates on off-peak tickets or during the school holidays. Once in the county, look for special rates on bus passes and explorer tickets. Find out more on the Connecting Wiltshire website.
- Free events – visit one of the many free events that take place across the county including the Downton Cuckoo Fair, Heritage Open Days, Wylye Valley Art Trail and much more.
- Explore our historic villages – visit picturesque Lacock and Castle Combe, travel through the Woodford Valley on your way up to Stonehenge and feel the atmosphere at historic Avebury stone circle. Find out more about some of our historic villages.
- For those of you that can’t resist a bit of retail therapy there are savings to be had at the McArthurGlen Designer Outlet Swindon
Head to one of our free attractions including:
- Fisherton Mill – Gallery, Café and Studios
- The Kennet & Avon Canal
- Trowbridge Museum
- St Peter’s and St Paul’s Church, Marlborough
- Chippenham Museum and Heritage Centre
- Amesbury History Centre
- Swindon Museum and Art Gallery
- Churches preserved by the Churches Conservation Trust
- Wadworth Brewery Visitor Centre (please note tours of the brewery are charged)
Got any money saving tips that you want to share with us? Let us know and we’ll share our favourites on this page.