In 2017 the Festival’s theme will look westwards, taking inspiration from the sunset, and celebrating the arts and culture of the French-Canadian province of Québec.
Six spectacular Highlight events are now on sale, boasting an eclectic mix of UK based and international artists, with exciting new names taking their place alongside previous Festival favourites.
• The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra will return to Salisbury Cathedral to open the Festival, with Mendelssohn’s enchanting music for A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Berlioz’s song-cycle for soprano and Tchaikovsky’s Pathètique symphony.
• The first to be announced of the Québécois-influenced programme is Le Vent du Nord, who will bring their crowd-pleasing mix of fiddle, guitar, accordion, piano, bass, hurdy-gurdy and four-part harmony to Salisbury for the first time.
• After wowing the 2015 Festival with their award-winning circus spectacular Bromance, Barely Methodical Troupe return with their brand new show, Kin.
• The highly-acclaimed Clare Teal and her Mini Big Band will present Ella Fitzgerald: A centenary tribute to the great Jazz diva, celebrating the original first lady of song.
• Ballet Black returns to the 2017 Festival with an all-new triple bill, featuring their trademark fusion of the classical and the contemporary, and including a story-ballet that re-invents the tale of Red Riding Hood.
• Finally, the Cathedral will be filled with the ravishing sound of singers, cornetts and sackbuts, early baroque violins, theorbos and an organ, as I Fagiolini with The English Cornett & Sackbut Ensemble present Monteverdi: The Other Vespers.
Click here for more information on the Highlight events and to purchase tickets.
The Festival’s full programme of events will be announced in March.
|2017 (26 May 2017 - 10 June 2017)|
* Various opening times
- Booking Advised
- Groups Accepted
- Celebrity connection
- In town/city centre - various locations across the region
- Indoor Event
- Outdoor Event
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
- 2016 Highlights