Lacock Abbey, located in the centre of the village was founded in the 13th century and dissolved in 1539.
Later, it became a quirky country house of various architectural styles within its own woodland grounds.
It was a home for the Talbot family, including William Henry Fox Talbot 19th century, famous for his contributions towards the invention of the photographic negative.
His amazing achievements are celebrated in the Fox Talbot Museum on the ground floor and the gallery above holds special exhibitions throughout the year.
Wander through the Medieval cloisters, and 16th century stable courtyard, explore the furnished rooms and discover the 18th century Gothick hall.
There are lots of opportunities to bring the family or friends and join in with our regular seasonal events, activities and trails in the grounds.
Take a pleasant walk through the village where you can enjoy a meal or shopping.
Lacock village and Lacock Abbey have been used as a location in TV and film productions of Wolfman, Pride and Prejudice, Cranford Chronicles, Emma and Harry Potter films.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Abbey (Cloisters only), Grounds and Museum||£9.90 per ticket|
|Adult - Abbey, Grounds and Museum||£12.10 per ticket|
|Child - Abbey (Cloisters only), Grounds and Museum||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child - Abbey, Grounds and Museum||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family - Abbey (Cloisters only), Grounds and Museu||£24.70 per ticket|
|Family - Abbey, Grounds and Museum||£30.20 per ticket|
Gift Aid Admission.
|Open All Year|
|2016 (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* Please call or visit website to check exact opening days and times. Abbey rooms closed on Tuesdays. Access to the Abbey rooms only available on winter weekends, cloisters remain open all days. All (excluding village) closed 1 January, 25 and 26 December
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.None
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille guide, audio tape, large print guide.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 3 hours
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 100
- Min group size - 15
- Special group rates - On request
- Visa accepted
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Marketed towards families
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Danish printed material
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Italian printed material
- Japanese printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - On request
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M4.
Follow signs to Chippenham, take A350 south of Chippenham.
Lacock approximately 2 miles south, signposted off to left.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Chippenham station.
Bus No. 234 to Frome stops in Lacock.