McArthurGlen’s Swindon Designer Outlet is housed in the beautifully renovated Grade II listed buildings of the Great Western Railway Works and is one of the largest covered designer outlets in Europe.
Shoppers will adore the quality mix of High St and Designer brands, reduced by up to 60 per cent, at over 90 top name stores including fashion brands Guess, Jigsaw, Reiss, Joules, Kurt Geiger, Superdry, Hugo Boss, Hobbs, Marks & Spencer Outlet, Ted Baker, CK and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as home brands John Lewis Home Outlet, Bedeck, Yankee Candle, Le Creuset and many more.
Swindon Designer Outlet has a variety of restaurants around the centre, open until late most week nights, including Wagamama, Carluccio’s , Pizza Express, Giraffe, Patisserie Valerie and Ed’s Easy Diner, as well as a selection of food offers including KFC, El Mexicano and West Cornwall Pasty Co in the food quarter.
As well as many dining options, Swindon Designer Outlet also houses a great selection of cafes including Starbucks, Soho Coffee and Costa.
The on-site STEAM Museum of The Great Western Railway offers families the chance to learn about the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway and National Trust has its own café and shop.
Located off junction 16 of the M4 and junction 11a of the M5, the outlet is open 364 days of the year, seven days a week from 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm on Saturday, 10am to 6pm on Sunday (Larger stores open at 11am – 5pm) and 9am to 7pm Bank Holidays.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No entrance charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Larger stores open 11am-5pm on Sundays. Closed Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Gift Shop
- Free Entry
- Groups Accepted
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (charge) - £1 for 5 hours and £12 all day
- On-Site café/restaurant - Food court restaurants - Massarella's, Spud-u-Like, Harry Ramsden's, KFC, Energy Kitchen, Andrea Mattia Carvery. The following coffee shops can be found throughout the centre Trenchers, Costa Coffee and Starbucks.
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - 10
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Open all year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Exit M4 at Junction 16 or exit M5 at Junction 11a and follow the signs for Swindon, join the M4 for Bristol and exit at Junction 16.
Public Transport Directions
Regular bus services operate from the town centre and stop at Swindon Designer Outlet including bus numbers, 1, 1a, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 54.
- McArthurGlen's Swindon Designer Outlet Horseback Fashion Show
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good486
- mark wcwmbranTrip Type:Friends getawayGreat place to shopFriday, 24th February 2017This is the second time I've been to Swindon as always very good selection of clothing at great prices,Gant was awesome the lady in the shop very helpful. Parking is easy and cheap. Well worth a trip. Read full review
- Charlotte WTrip Type:FamilyGreat Afternoon!Thursday, 23rd February 2017Swindon designer outlet is a great place to visit for an afternoon out, with a range of shops to meet everyones needs and wants no one will be left bored! In recent years the outlet has developed to... Read full review
- hebb2016Swindon, United KingdomA girl's day outWednesday, 22nd February 2017Swindon Designer Outlet has greatly improved in the last year with lots more trendy shops, better layout and more coffee stops. On top of that there are lots of good buys to be had. Read full review