Do you enjoy cooking, or know someone who does or would you LIKE to enjoy it more than you do? Food is essential to our everyday well being and we know that processed food just doesn't cut the mustard when it comes to taste, quality, nutrition etc. In fact, home made food beats shop bought hands down on every level.
Vaughan's Kitchen is an exciting new cookery school with a difference. It developed from Chef Peter Vaughan’s dream of making good food accessible to as many people as possible and Margaret Bryant's commitment to teaching and encouraging children and adults to have the knowledge and skills to enjoy preparing good food.
Peter had a rigorous culinary training in classical cuisine but also has an interest in food as fuel for the body, as well as pleasing the senses. Combining both these approaches has resulted in a ‘naturally balanced’ philosophy. This is not about full-on health/whole foods but making more use of unrefined ingredients, fairly traded/ethically sourced items, local, seasonal produce, local suppliers, responsible business ethics, re-using, recycling and minimising waste. With Margaret's background in Education ( Food Technology) they form an effective and dynamic team.
We feel passionate about enabling as wide a range of people as possible to access what VK has to offer. Classes cover a variety of different topics but are also aimed at different levels and are designed to satisfy the needs of as many people as possible. There is plenty for beginners (Starting from Scratch, Beginners Bread Making etc) right through to competent cooks who want to extend their skills (Dinner Parties with Style, Patisserie Masterclass etc). Our reputation for offering popular classes for children and teenagers is considerable (often oversubscribed): Young Chefs Academy(11-16)- one week run in school holidays; Cooking Together – an opportunity for an adult and child to spend quality time learning culinary skills; Mini Chefs (6 – 11) etc Check out the full list of courses on the website www.vaughanskitchen.co.uk
We also run popular group sessions if you want to have a party with a difference or a fun evening with friends.
It's all very well for us to say how good we are but the last word goes to our customers
I came away from the day feeling inspired and ready to reproduce the dishes at home. I recommend the classes to anyone and will definitely be going back for a further course in the future.
"What a great day! It exceeded my (already high) expectations. Thanks"
“…it is great to be in what feels like a professional environment – it feels as if we are really here to cook, not just be entertained “.
thank you again for running such a brilliant course and inspiring all these young cooks!
|2015 (1 Jan 2015 - 31 Dec 2015)|
* Open when courses are running.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities
- Toilets for disabled visitors
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Cater for vegetarians
- Delta accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Accommodation nearby
- Cater for Corporate events
- Cater for school groups
- Conference facilities
- Equipment/clothing free of charge
- Experience level - advanced
- Experience level - beginner
- Experience level - intermediate
- Fully qualified instructors
- Lessons/courses available
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
Map & Directions
1. Follow the signs directing you towards Devizes
2. You will then be joining the A361
3. Follow this road all the way along until you see a LIDL supermarket on your left
4. A roundabout will be in the near distance, there is a B&Q on the left. Turn right onto Hopton Road
Via Devizes Centre
1. Follow signs directing you to Swindon, you should then join the A361 London Road
2. Head all of the way up the road, passing the Police HQ on the left
3. Go straight over the first roundabout with the 24hr garage on the left
4. You will then come up to the next roundabout with B&Q in front of you, turn left onto Hopton Road
Once on Hopton Road
1. Follow the road round a sharp right and then take the first right straight after ( directly opposite Hayden’s Bakery)
2. You will go past the first units on your left (including Home Inspirations)
3. Vaughan's Kitchen is on the next set of units on the left and you will be approaching it from the back
4. Follow the road round and straight away you will see the front of Vaughan’s Kitchen
5. There is plenty of parking in front and around the site