AboutThere has been a church on the site since about 1090 and a few traces of that building remain. The present church was built in 15thC, and the interior was extensively altered in mid-19thC. Although made redundant in 1974 the church continues to operate as a community centre with a thriving coffee shop and craft shop.
The church is run by a Trust founded in 1978, and can be hired for use for lectures, concerts, exhibitions etc. by contacting the email address above. Tours to the top of the tower can be made on Saturdays from April to October, or by appointment by email at least two weeks in advance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Charge only for certain events||Free|
Enquire for events' entrance fees
|2020 (4 Jan 2020 - 23 Dec 2020)|
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Inductive Loop.
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Not in restaurant.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee, light lunches and teas.
- Event venue
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
In the centre of Marlborough at the west end of the High Street
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail stations are at Swindon, Pewsey and Great Bedwyn. Regular buses from each of these stations and neighbouring towns into Marlborough.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- TRACEY AHavant, United KingdomA visually stunning Historical Church now with cafe!Wednesday, 18th September 2019An absolute beautiful 15th century decommissioned Church that is steeped in true English history, that i had the pleasure of walking around inside & out. Initially it was a shock when I opened the... Read full review
- colaradopamChepstow, United Kingdomgood craft fairMonday, 6th January 2020came just before Christmas with a very good craft fair in progress but still managed to look around this very historic church Read full review
- dawnmarchant13Chippenham, United KingdomLots of interesting local handmade crafts on displayMonday, 20th January 2020Really enjoyed browsing the wide variety of local handmade craft items on display at reasonable prices given the quality. Read full review