AboutThere has been a church on the site since about 1090 and a few traces of that building remain. The present church was built in 15thC, and the interior was extensively altered in mid-19thC. Although made redundant in 1974 the church continues to operate as a community centre with a thriving coffee shop and craft shop.
The church is run by a Trust founded in 1978, and can be hired for use for lectures, concerts, exhibitions etc. by contacting the email address above. Tours to the top of the tower can be made on Saturdays from April to October, or by appointment by email at least two weeks in advance.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Charge only for certain events||Free|
Enquire for events' entrance fees
|2021 (4 Jan 2021 - 23 Dec 2021)|
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Inductive Loop.
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Not in restaurant.
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant - Coffee, light lunches and teas.
- Event venue
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
In the centre of Marlborough at the west end of the High Street
Public Transport Directions
Nearest rail stations are at Swindon, Pewsey and Great Bedwyn. Regular buses from each of these stations and neighbouring towns into Marlborough.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good22
- PMQuestionsGreat Ayton, United KingdomGreat AcousticsSunday, 8th March 2020Attended a concert by the Magnificent AKs, a male voice choir, the building has excellent acoustics and is a great venue for events like this. It's been run by a Trust for 40+ years and I have to... Read full review
- H4925QZalimTrip Type:Solo travelUnhelpful staff memberFriday, 13th March 2020I often visit the coffee shop and look at the craft shop on my way through, I always need help with the heavy doors,there is a note on the door, it does tell you how to open the heavy doors with a... Read full review
- helenmayl2020Trip Type:Friends getawayVery poorTuesday, 7th July 2020Twice we have sat there waiting for them to take our order. While other people continued to come in and be served before us. After 20 minutes of being ignored we left. I felt completely humiliated... Read full review