*The Centre has now reopened - find out more*
McArthurGlen’s Swindon Designer Outlet is housed in the beautifully renovated Grade II listed buildings of the Great Western Railway Works and is one of the largest covered designer outlets in Europe.
Shoppers will adore the quality mix of High St and Designer brands, reduced by up to 60 per cent, at over 90 top name stores including fashion brands Guess, Jigsaw, Reiss, Joules, Kurt Geiger, Superdry, Boss, Hobbs, Marks & Spencer Outlet, Ted Baker, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as home brands John Lewis Home Outlet, Bedeck, Yankee Candle, Le Creuset and many more.
Swindon Designer Outlet has a variety of restaurants around the centre, open until late most week nights, including Five Guys, Wagamama, Pizza Express, Giraffe, Patisserie Valerie, Krispy Kreme, KFC and Subway.
As well as many dining options, Swindon Designer Outlet also houses a great selection of cafes including Starbucks, Soho Coffee and Costa.
The on-site STEAM Museum of The Great Western Railway offers families the chance to learn about the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway and National Trust has its own café and shop.
Located off junction 16 of the M4 and junction 11a of the M5, the outlet is open 364 days of the year, seven days a week from 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm on Saturday, 10am to 6pm on Sunday (Larger stores open at 11am – 5pm) and 9am to 7pm Bank Holidays.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No entrance charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2020 - Please note opening hours for individual stores may vary (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Larger stores open 11am-5pm on Sundays. Closed Christmas Day.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 50
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (charge) - £1 for 5 hours and £12 all day
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Exit M4 at Junction 16 or exit M5 at Junction 11a and follow the signs for Swindon, join the M4 for Bristol and exit at Junction 16.
Public Transport Directions
Regular bus services operate from the town centre and stop at Swindon Designer Outlet including bus numbers, 1, 1a, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 54.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good773
- DoggycatcatWont be going again.Tuesday, 3rd November 2020Wandered around the outlet centre today as my car was being repaired. Spent a fair bit of money and had a coffee. Prices appear a bit higher than usual, possibly hiked because of xmas. My... Read full review
- Q403TJstevebBrighton and Hove, United KingdomMixedSunday, 8th November 2020Even though the outlet is great well laid out 7 some great prices. the location of the Car park being immediately opposite is a trap by Swindon council. The main road into the car park road is a Bus... Read full review
- BettieAnnDTrip Type:Friends getawayNice day out during a weird timeSunday, 8th November 2020Had a lovely visit with a friend back in June, obviously not all shops or food outlets were open, but we enjoyed a wander around and did a bit of shopping in various shoe shops. I love going in the... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020