McArthurGlen’s Swindon Designer Outlet is housed in the beautifully renovated Grade II listed buildings of the Great Western Railway Works and is one of the largest covered designer outlets in Europe.
Shoppers will adore the quality mix of High St and Designer brands, reduced by up to 60 per cent, at over 90 top name stores including fashion brands Guess, Jigsaw, Reiss, Joules, Kurt Geiger, Superdry, Boss, Hobbs, Marks & Spencer Outlet, Ted Baker, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as home brands John Lewis Home Outlet, Bedeck, Yankee Candle, Le Creuset and many more.
Swindon Designer Outlet has a variety of restaurants around the centre, open until late most week nights, including Five Guys, Wagamama, Pizza Express, Giraffe, Patisserie Valerie, Krispy Kreme, KFC and Subway.
As well as many dining options, Swindon Designer Outlet also houses a great selection of cafes including Starbucks, Soho Coffee and Costa.
The on-site STEAM Museum of The Great Western Railway offers families the chance to learn about the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway and National Trust has its own café and shop.
Located off junction 16 of the M4 and junction 11a of the M5, the outlet is open 364 days of the year, seven days a week from 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm on Saturday, 10am to 6pm on Sunday (Larger stores open at 11am – 5pm) and 9am to 7pm Bank Holidays.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No entrance charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 - Please note opening hours for individual stores may vary (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Larger stores open 11am-5pm on Sundays. Closed Christmas Day.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 50
- Min group size - 10
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (charge) - £1 for 5 hours and £12 all day
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Exit M4 at Junction 16 or exit M5 at Junction 11a and follow the signs for Swindon, join the M4 for Bristol and exit at Junction 16.
Public Transport Directions
Regular bus services operate from the town centre and stop at Swindon Designer Outlet including bus numbers, 1, 1a, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 54.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good774
- 178DaveRAldbourne, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesNot worth visiting anymore.Monday, 6th September 2021Gone down hill badly. Too many empty units and appalling customer service at the all American car wash. Don’t think I will be visiting again. Read full review
- Navigate08584573055Trip Type:CouplesUnexpected expenditureTuesday, 7th September 2021I hadn’t been since the upgrade and I have a couple of points to make. Firstly if you use a sat nav be sure you also check the road signs. I Accidentally got taken down a bus lane off of the... Read full review
- vinaykumarp2021Wokingham, United KingdomBE AWARE .. PLEASE .. Penzance Drive - Bus Gate penalty !!!!Thursday, 16th September 2021If you are not a local swindon resident and visiting the designer outlet from else where, there are very high chances that you will fall victim for this so called "BUS GATE PENALTY". If you are... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021