*The Centre has now reopened - find out more*
McArthurGlen’s Swindon Designer Outlet is housed in the beautifully renovated Grade II listed buildings of the Great Western Railway Works and is one of the largest covered designer outlets in Europe.
Shoppers will adore the quality mix of High St and Designer brands, reduced by up to 60 per cent, at over 90 top name stores including fashion brands Guess, Jigsaw, Reiss, Joules, Kurt Geiger, Superdry, Boss, Hobbs, Marks & Spencer Outlet, Ted Baker, Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger, as well as home brands John Lewis Home Outlet, Bedeck, Yankee Candle, Le Creuset and many more.
Swindon Designer Outlet has a variety of restaurants around the centre, open until late most week nights, including Five Guys, Wagamama, Pizza Express, Giraffe, Patisserie Valerie, Krispy Kreme, West Cornwall Pasty Company, KFC and Subway.
As well as many dining options, Swindon Designer Outlet also houses a great selection of cafes including Starbucks, Soho Coffee and Costa.
The on-site STEAM Museum of The Great Western Railway offers families the chance to learn about the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway and National Trust has its own café and shop.
Located off junction 16 of the M4 and junction 11a of the M5, the outlet is open 364 days of the year, seven days a week from 10am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm on Saturday, 10am to 6pm on Sunday (Larger stores open at 11am – 5pm) and 9am to 7pm Bank Holidays.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No entrance charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2020 - Please note opening hours for individual stores may vary (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Larger stores open 11am-5pm on Sundays. Closed Christmas Day.
- Gift Shop
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 50
- No Smoking Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On Bus Route
- On site parking
- Parking (charge) - £1 for 5 hours and £12 all day
- American Express accepted
- Can be packages by 3rd parties
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 10
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
Exit M4 at Junction 16 or exit M5 at Junction 11a and follow the signs for Swindon, join the M4 for Bristol and exit at Junction 16.
Public Transport Directions
Regular bus services operate from the town centre and stop at Swindon Designer Outlet including bus numbers, 1, 1a, 8, 12, 13, 14, 19, 54.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good765
- fredacarterMercenary grasping of Swindon Council deters visitorsSunday, 13th September 2020It was a while ago now but I dropped into the Swindon Designer Outlet one evening in winter. It was dark and I was following my satnav. I enjoyed my potter around the outlet. A while later, like so... Read full review
- Charles FNewtown, United KingdomWell laid outSunday, 13th September 2020Makes good use of an old industrial site, linking the old buildings together to provide a wide selection of outlets, plenty of room, decent parking provision with refundable ticket, easily found on... Read full review
- Quadie69West Thurrock, United KingdomWell OrganizedWednesday, 16th September 2020Visited here last week, the lay out was good, also well set out for covid-19 rules. it was nice and cool so that made it comfortable to were a mask. Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020