Trowbridge Museum, where you can discover 1000 years of the town’s history. Discover how Trowbridge was shaped by the scale of production and quality of its West of England woollen cloth and became the county town of Wiltshire. Housed in a former woollen cloth mill, there are plenty of interactive exhibits for all ages to enjoy, a mouse hunt and regular temporary exhibitions.
Fantastic events and activities for all the family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 (5 Jan 2021 - 22 Dec 2021)|
* Closed Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 35
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Min group size - 1
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M4. Follow signs A46 to Bath; on nearing Bath, stay in right hand lane signposted to Chippenham A4. At roundabout follow signs to Bradford-on-Avon A363. At 2nd mini roundabout bear left towards Trowbridge.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Trowbridge station. Cross the road opposite the main exit to the railway station. Cross the two main roads to the left then head towards the Asda store and follow the entrance to the Shires shopping centre. There are signs to the museum here.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- NitrolisisEngland, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLovely experienceSaturday, 23rd June 2018They have done very well at making it interesting to all audiences. Not sure if they still do the mouse hunt but it never got me bored as a kid! Read full review
- E9897BOcarolvTrowbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMuseum is closed until 2020 for refurb!Thursday, 6th September 2018My 6 year old grandson was staying and wanted to go on another mouse hunt at the museum, we remembered it was closed Mondays so set off walking from home Tuesday after the bank holiday, only to find... Read full review
- radicol2001Wiltshire, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayIt's an interesting place, will take about an hour to see.Wednesday, 19th September 2018If you read all about what is in this museum, it will take about an hour. There is very little hands on inside, but there are some larger sized exhibitions. Lots to read, lots of places to sit, which... Read full review