Trowbridge Museum, where you can weave through 1000 years of the town’s history. Discover how Trowbridge became the county town of Wiltshire, and was shaped by the industrial revolution and the scale of production of the high quality West of England woollen cloth.
Housed in a former woollen cloth mill, the grade II listed Home Mills, there are plenty of interactive exhibits for all ages to enjoy across two floors, a mouse hunt and a fantastic programme of events & workshops for all ages!
Visit our brand new second floor for stunning views across Trowbridge & Wiltshire and even more fantastic displays as well as our regularly updated Temporary Exhibition Gallery.
Fantastic events and activities for all the family!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|No admission charge||Free|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 (5 Jan 2021 - 22 Dec 2021)|
* Open Good Friday, Easter Saturday and Bank Holiday Monday.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 35
- Min group size - 1
- No Smoking Attraction
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
Map & Directions
Nearest major road is M4. Follow signs A46 to Bath; on nearing Bath, stay in right hand lane signposted to Chippenham A4. At roundabout follow signs to Bradford-on-Avon A363. At 2nd mini roundabout bear left towards Trowbridge.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest station is Trowbridge station. Cross the road opposite the main exit to the railway station. Cross the two main roads to the left then head towards the Asda store and follow the entrance to the Shires shopping centre. There are signs to the museum here.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good26
- PeteFromLeedsLeedsVery enjoyable!Saturday, 5th June 2021I've lived in Trowbridge for just under a year so wasn't around when the museum was open before (it re-opened a couple of weeks ago). I enjoyed learning things about Trowbridge I didn't know before... Read full review
- GSF1200nTrowbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyTime goes so quickly hereSaturday, 24th July 2021Great couoke of hours with 2 9 year olds and an 8 year old. Lots of weaving machinery, demonstratione and the ability to have a go. And of course the infamous mouse hunt. The only thing missing... Read full review
- GaijinetteBath, United KingdomInformative, enjoyable museum in beautiful old mill spaceThursday, 30th September 2021You might think wool-making as a topic is dull, even if the wool industry was the backbone of this town, but Trowbridge Museum turns it into a fascinating story, told with antique industrial... Read full review