At Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, we want to inspire our guests to let go; try new things, sometimes be a bit silly. Run up a hill or roll down it. Paddle in our icy river, laugh like a drain, make up a new cocktail, sample new flavours, and really have fun.
We look grand, but we aren't stuffy. We consider ourselves quite dapper, but not vain. Bishopstrow is Georgian through and through, with a long, meandering driveway that brings you right up to our big front door.
Built back in 1817, we've made sure we've kept all of our unique period features and charm. Features that sympathetically combine many contemporary details that run throughout our decadent bedrooms, restaurant and spa – making it the very best of old and new.
Bishopstrow has been, and always will be, an iconic landmark of the rolling Wiltshire countryside. It has passed through generations of family lineage and through the changes of many hands; it has seen many moments of happiness and an equal measure of tragedy; it has risen from the ashes and yet, through it all, continues to be the beating heart of Warminster and beyond. A home away from home for its guests, as it has been since the early eleventh century, its warmth, vibrance and beauty is to be beheld by all.
Whether it's a spa day, a wellness weekend or a spa staycation, our spa is the perfect place for rest, relaxation and rejuvenation.
Retreat into our blissful boutique spa and unwind with one of our many Elemis treatments or simply enjoy the thermal experiences (steam, sauna room and monsoon shower), indoor or outdoor heated pools, hot tubs and fitness suite. Our spa will exceed your high expectations, making sure your mind, body and soul will be left feeling refreshed and fantastic.
Our award-winning, 2AA-rosette restaurant is one of the most enjoyable dining experiences in Wiltshire. Seasonal menus are a must; as is our sommeliers’ choice from our wonderful wine list; and with ample, contemporary dining space, complemented by glorious views overlooking the sun terrace, conservatory and lawns – it is an experience every guest, or passing traveller, should unhurriedly savour.
Or for a tasty twist, experience one of our Dining Domes and be treated to a chilled glass of Taittinger Champagne on arrival, a three-course lunch, dinner or full afternoon tea.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Suite||£385.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Comfy Room||£195.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Cosy Room||£160.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Duplex Suite||£450.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Hot Tub Junior Suite||from £415.00 to £460.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Junior Suite||from £345.00 to £390.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Oval Room||£325.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Roomy Room||£225.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Two-Bed Loft Room||from £250.00 to £295.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
- Additional meal details - Any.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Room service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Facilities for children
- Food/bottle warming available
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Hot Tub/Spa Bath
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Licenced for civil marriages
- Night porter
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- Country house
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Georgian manor house grade 2 listed building.
- French spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Cycle hire
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities
- Indoor pool
- Other sporting facilities - various activities can be arranged
- Outdoor pool - fully heated
- Spa Treatments
- Swimming pool
- Tennis court
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Four poster beds available
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Available on request free of charge.
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- Aim to attract conferences and business meetings
- Christmas/New Year Programme
- Honeymoon Breaks
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cycles can be stored in safe and secure location.
- Special provisions for lone female travellers - Try not to place in ground floor rooms.
- Special provisions for walkers - can provide maps
Travel & Trade
- Commission/net rates apply
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
The hotel is situated on B3414, 1 mile south of Warminster, off the A36, which is 10 miles from the A303 and in turn is 30 miles from Junction 8 of the M3.
Public Transport Directions
95 minutes from London Paddington to Westbury, then 15 minutes by taxi. Limited service from London Waterloo to Warminster via Salisbury. By Air
38 miles from Bristol International Airport, 98 miles from London Heathrow and 102 miles from London Gatwick.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good19
- 147KimBad Lippspringe, GermanyTrip Type:CouplesFantastic hotel, pure relaxationMonday, 13th June 2022Stayed 1 night with my husband upgraded to Oval Room, amazing, decadent, 2 roll top baths overlooking the enormous, well kept grounds, luxurious. All staff so professional, friendly and helpful. I... Read full review
- TimandDebbyWebbBradford-on-Avon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLuxury afternoon tea on a perfect summer afternoonSaturday, 18th June 2022Lovely luxury afternoon tea treat at Bishopstrow House Hotel care of our dear friends J&L. Covid delayed this experience for 18months but it was a perfect day to sip champagne and eat really lovely... Read full review
- PaulCharD89382Trip Type:CouplesOutstanding!! If you are looking for luxury this is for you…Thursday, 23rd June 2022My fiancé and I are staying in the Lord Castle suite and we couldn’t be happier, it’s like a home from home. This is our third time at Bishopstrow and this stay has been by far our favourite. We have... Read full review