AboutWelcome to the Old Rectory Bed and Breakfast, Chicklade in Wiltshire, close to both Dorset and Somerset borders.
The Old Rectory has been sensitively and stylishly refurbished by the present owners Lynda & Colin Masefield. The couple has extensive experience in the hotel and hospitality industry and guests are assured of a warm welcome, friendly service in lovely surroundings. The affordable price includes a delicious Full English Breakfast using locally sourced produce.
The bedrooms have been refurbished to a high standard with full en-suite facilities. In the Rectory we offer complimentary use of a laptop. Should you have your own laptop free wifi is available throughout the building. We also offer a small library of local books and maps for your use during your stay. The Rectory is an ideal venue for “family get togethers” and is totally no smoking. Walkers and cyclists are very welcome we are very close to Dorset and Wiltshire walkways.
Chicklade is a small hamlet and has the wonderful facility of the nearby village of Hindon, 1 mile away. It has a traditional store and post office and two excellent English pubs serving both restaurant and bar food.
We have three individually designed en-suite bedrooms with complimentary hospitality trays, flat screen TV with free view, free standing or desk top fans, wifi and hairdryers.
The Salisbury Suite
A lovely double room with a king size sleigh bed and a sitting room which converts to a twin room for families. It has a modern shower room en-suite.
The Shaftesbury Room
A delightful double room with views over the Wiltshire countryside has a bathroom en-suite with a corner bath and shower over.
The Stourhead Room
A beautifully furnished room with a tasteful French theme, it has a King-size antiqued bronze bed and a modern en-suite shower room.
We have ample private off road parking and can accommodate large trailers, horseboxes, motorbikes etc with given notice. Bicycles can be kept securely undercover in our walled garden.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (private bathroom)||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Single (private bathroom)||from £70.00 to £75.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family (private bathroom)||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Twin (private bathroom)||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Closed from 24th December 2011 to 3rd January 2012.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal - On request.
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
- 24 hr return laundry service - On request
- Broadband Internet Access
- Business facilities (eg. Fax/ modem)
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Real log/coal fires - During cold months
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- Cash & Cheque only
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Mobile Phone Reception
- Special provisions for cyclists - Lock up facilities and drying offered.
- Special provisions for walkers - Drying facilities offered.
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
The Old Rectory is conveniently situated on the A303 but well set back in its own grounds nestling next to All Saints Church. Stonehenge is just a 20-minute drive, Longleat 20 minutes and Salisbury 25 minutes. It offers a great location base for your holiday and to explore the many local attractions within the beautiful Wiltshire, Dorset and Somerset countryside or to break your journey while travelling to and from the West Country.
We are approximately:
15 miles from the historic English Heritage site of Stonehenge
18 miles from the Medieval Cathedral City of Salisbury
8 miles from the National Trust site of Stour head Gardens
9 miles from Warminster
10 miles from Shaftesbury
12 miles from Lord Bath's estate, Longleat with its famous Safari Park
28 miles from the Georgian City of Bath
In addition, we are approximately 90 miles from the outskirts of London and 43 miles from the International Airport and Docks at Southampton. The picturesque New Forest is less than 1 hour's drive away.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station is Tisbury which is 4 miles. Nearest Bus Station is Shaftesbury 9 miles.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- GreenLeader Silver
- Very Good10
- rorys818Algarve, PortugalVery comfortable and welcomingTuesday, 10th December 2019I stayed three nights in this very comfortable B & B. The bedroom was roomy and the shower was excellent. The breakfast choices were fresh and tasty, I particularly liked the bacon. Lynda and Colin... Read full review
- TammytmsFarnborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesComfortable, welcoming, would stay againSunday, 20th September 2020Stayed 2 nights here at The Old Rectory in Chicklade. Owners friendly and welcoming. Breakfast perfect, beds super comfy. We had the most relaxing time. Castles and beautiful villages a short car... Read full review
- emacdwilliamsShefford, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA great place to stayFriday, 2nd October 2020We had a large bedroom and ensuite and breakfast was of top quality produce. The location is ideal for Salisbury, Stonehenge and Longleat. The host Tim and his wife Helen were friendly, hospitable... Read full review