Treasure Trails turn an everyday walk into a fabulous day out for the whole family. As you commence your self-guided Wiltshire walk, you’ll become immersed in an imaginative tale that twists and turns through a series of crafty clues to crack. Whether you’re 6 or 106, you’ll savour the chance to conquer your mission together while exploring heaps of Wiltshire landmarks along the way. What more do you need for a great day out?
A Treasure Trail is at the top of the list of fun things to do in Wiltshire, with 19 awesome Trails for you and your detective squad to choose from. With endless and unspoiled Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, historical villages and a city in the countryside, this largely rural county is a walker’s paradise.
Trails cost £9.99 for one booklet, which can be used by up to five people, and are available as a PDF download or printed and posted (p&p charges apply). Depending on the location you choose to explore, you’ll either be investigating evidence on a detective mystery, hunting down lost loot on a treasure hunt or cracking the code on a spy mission. Popular Wiltshire Trail locations include Avebury, Bradford On Avon, Chippenham, Lacock, Malmesbury, Marlborough, Mere, Royal Wootton Bassett and Salisbury.
Intrepid explorers are needed to track down a secret stash of crown jewels near Devizes castle – are you and your mini treasure-seekers up for the challenge? Perhaps you have more of an eye for a spy mission in Lacock? There’s a rookie secret agent who needs rescuing, and a team of super spies is required to secure him before things get hairy! Meanwhile, in the shadows of Salisbury Cathedral, an ex-toy-minator is at large, and they’re threatening to ruin all the toys! There’s no time for games – we need you to play detective and identify this fun-zapping scoundrel! Case closed? There are two more tempting Trails to discover around the city!
All you need for your self-guided walk is your courageous band of agents and a zest for adventure. We are experts in curating the best days out and know how to create twisting Trails to ignite imaginations and make treasured memories for years to come. Discover Wiltshire’s hidden gems and turn the miles into smiles. Where will you begin your Trail journey?
Visit our website to find out more details for each location and to buy the Trails online
Trails take place in and around towns and villages with associated limitations. Each Trail is marked with our recommendation of accessibility, both for wheelchair users and pushchairs, and you can filter Trails by accessibility before choosing the place you want to explore.
Most Trails take you close to refreshment stops along the route. Advice is given in each Trail booklet on places to stop for food and drink, the location of public toilets and picnic suggestions if applicable.
Children & Infants
Our Trails can be enjoyed by those aged 6 to 106; however, they are designed for the whole family to work together, so younger Trailers will need assistance on some clues. Our Mini Explorers clubs can be used to keep the littlest adventurers entertained
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* All Treasure Trails are self-guided, and the routes are on public land, so you can complete the Trails at any time of the year. Some routes may take you through parks or public spaces that close at certain times, but the information will be given under the “Before You Set Off” tab on your chosen Trail page. You can instantly download a Trail online to get out straight away or get one sent to you in the post within two working days.
- Activities accessible for visitors with disabilities - Trails take place in and around towns and villages with associated limitations. Each Trail is marked with our recommendation of accessibility, both for wheelchair users and pushchairs, and you can filter Trails by accessibility before choosing the place you want to explore.
- Café - Normally cafés and restaurants at some point on most trails
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Trails can be enjoyed by those aged 6 to 106; however, they are designed for the whole family to work together, so younger Trailers will need assistance on some clues. Our Mini Explorers clubs can be used to keep the littlest adventurers entertained.
- Cater for Corporate events - We design and operate a range of corporate and group events at select locations
- Self guided walks/cycle rides - All or trails are self guided and include directions to follow
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Max group size - We recommend up to 5 people per trail booklet. Purchase additional booklets for larger groups
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Parking details given in each individual trail
- Special group rates - Contact us for special group rates and bespoke trails
- Circular Route
Map & Directions
- Treasure Trails Video
- What's a Treasure Trail?
- South West Tourism South West Tourism Awards - Best Tourism Experience & Activity 2010/2011 - Bronze Award 2011
- South West Tourism Outstanding Customer Service of the Year South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2008/2009 - Silver 2013
- Cotswolds Tourism Cotswold Tourism Business of the Year 2012 2013