Pythouse Kitchen Garden is a restaurant and events venue within a stunning Victorian walled garden, where all the fruit and vegetables grown in the garden go straight on to the menu in true ‘plot to plate’ style. Menus at PKG are as seasonal as you can get, being designed according to what is available to pick that morning.
All activity at PKG revolves around the garden. A south facing paradise with a myriad of plants, fruit and vegetables to gaze at, smell, pick, and eat. Guests can explore the stunning grounds, pick their own flowers to take home by the bucket load and enjoy a drink on the terrace or by an open fire-pit during colder months.
Each new season brings a unique atmosphere in the garden and a different menu to the table. We specialise in outdoor cooking over fire. This method of cooking is a pure, simple and healthy way to enjoy our homegrown fruit and vegetables and wonderful produce from neighbouring farms. Our organic beef comes from Cools Farm which is half a mile away, our grass fed lamb roams pastures in East Knoyle and we use milk from the dairy in Semley. The source of our ingredients is not just important to us, finding and working with excellent local producers is a passion.
All year round there are special weekly foodie events going on at PKG. Events include our Pytfire Supper, Classical Music & Dinner by Candlelight, Plant-Based Dinner, The 'Get Down' Disco Night and our Open Mic Night. Details of all these events can be found on our website and are announced in our monthly newsletter.
At PKG we are driven by the delightful way the seasons can play on our senses. Whether you are savouring homegrown produce in the restaurant, celebrating warm summer nights in the glamping village or letting your imagination run wild in the garden, we hope you'll agree, there's no corner of England quite like this one.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Live Music
- Locally-sourced produce
- Private rooms
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Themed restaurant
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good90
- bobmU407QIStreet, United KingdomSuperb lunchThursday, 22nd April 2021Set lunch,5 starters, choice of main and dessert, coffee and biscotti. Reminded me of The River Cafe, London, but no exorbitant prices. No need for them to try any harder - just try to keep doing... Read full review
- 325lizziebCannot praise them highly enough.Thursday, 29th April 2021We ate at the restaurant two nights in a row as we were staying in the shepherd's hut. The whole Pythouse team went to such great lengths to accommodate our needs and to look after us. We had the... Read full review
- Richard BSalisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBeautiful in every respect.Saturday, 1st May 2021A lovely warm welcome, highly attentive and efficient service, magical setting and food from heaven. The three course set menu had just three choices for mains but there are lots of beautiful... Read full review