Pythouse Kitchen Garden is a restaurant and events venue within a stunning Victorian walled garden, where all the fruit and vegetables grown in the garden go straight on to the menu in true ‘plot to plate’ style. Menus at PKG are as seasonal as you can get, being designed according to what is available to pick that morning.
All activity at PKG revolves around the garden. A south facing paradise with a myriad of plants, fruit and vegetables to gaze at, smell, pick, and eat. Guests can explore the stunning grounds, pick their own flowers to take home by the bucket load and enjoy a drink on the terrace or by an open fire-pit during colder months.
Each new season brings a unique atmosphere in the garden and a different menu to the table. We specialise in outdoor cooking over fire. This method of cooking is a pure, simple and healthy way to enjoy our homegrown fruit and vegetables and wonderful produce from neighbouring farms. Our organic beef comes from Cools Farm which is half a mile away, our grass fed lamb roams pastures in East Knoyle and we use milk from the dairy in Semley. The source of our ingredients is not just important to us, finding and working with excellent local producers is a passion.
All year round there are special weekly foodie events going on at PKG. Events include our Pytfire Supper, Classical Music & Dinner by Candlelight, Plant-Based Dinner, The 'Get Down' Disco Night and our Open Mic Night. Details of all these events can be found on our website and are announced in our monthly newsletter.
At PKG we are driven by the delightful way the seasons can play on our senses. Whether you are savouring homegrown produce in the restaurant, celebrating warm summer nights in the glamping village or letting your imagination run wild in the garden, we hope you'll agree, there's no corner of England quite like this one.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Live Music
- Locally-sourced produce
- Private rooms
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Themed restaurant
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good92
- B3680XXclairesTrip Type:CouplesSeasonal food in gorgeous settingTuesday, 31st August 2021This was our second visit as we loved it so much the first time! The outside area is well decorated and it doesn’t feel like you are under a marquee - somehow it all blends well and feels like a... Read full review
- broughamcLondon, United KingdomGreat valueWednesday, 8th September 2021The gourmet bargain of the century.Achingly good fresh food. The highlight was the crispy crackling on the chalk stream trout. Read full review
- Mary BAlton, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayWorth the journeyFriday, 24th September 2021Off the beaten track, and how. Worth the 1 hour 20 minute drive for us. Such an interesting location and unusual menu. We saw a review in The Times and it was accurate and well worth the effort to... Read full review