*Pythouse Kitchen Garden is now open 10am to 3pm, Wednesday to Sunday. Pick up a picnic, eat in, visit the garden, pick flowers. Find out more. *
Pythouse Kitchen Garden is a restaurant and events venue within a stunning Victorian walled garden, where all the fruit and vegetables grown in the garden go straight on to the menu in true ‘plot to plate’ style. Menus at PKG are as seasonal as you can get, being designed according to what is available to pick that morning.
All activity at PKG revolves around the garden. A south facing paradise with a myriad of plants, fruit and vegetables to gaze at, smell, pick, and eat. Guests can explore the stunning grounds, pick their own flowers to take home by the bucket load and enjoy a drink on the terrace or by an open fire-pit during colder months.
Each new season brings a unique atmosphere in the garden and a different menu to the table. We specialise in outdoor cooking over fire. This method of cooking is a pure, simple and healthy way to enjoy our homegrown fruit and vegetables and wonderful produce from neighbouring farms. Our organic beef comes from Cools Farm which is half a mile away, our grass fed lamb roams pastures in East Knoyle and we use milk from the dairy in Semley. The source of our ingredients is not just important to us, finding and working with excellent local producers is a passion.
All year round there are special weekly foodie events going on at PKG. Events include our Pytfire Supper, Classical Music & Dinner by Candlelight, Plant-Based Dinner, The 'Get Down' Disco Night and our Open Mic Night. Details of all these events can be found on our website and are announced in our monthly newsletter.
At PKG we are driven by the delightful way the seasons can play on our senses. Whether you are savouring homegrown produce in the restaurant, celebrating warm summer nights in the glamping village or letting your imagination run wild in the garden, we hope you'll agree, there's no corner of England quite like this one.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Live Music
- Locally-sourced produce
- Private rooms
- In countryside
- In town/city centre
- Themed restaurant
- All major credit cards accepted
Map & Directions
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good88
- simberrMarlow, United KingdomGreat Home Cooked MealThursday, 26th March 2020We have now had two meals provided by Pythouse under the frozen foods delivery and have to say that the response, friendliness and quality has been exceptional both times. The food is just like a... Read full review
- carolynbG3511KUDevizes, United KingdomLooking forward....Sunday, 12th April 2020Waiting for the lockdown to be lifted. We've been here a couple of times and are looking forward to returning. The gardens are lovely and the food and service haven't disappointed. Thank you to... Read full review
- Tim BSalisbury, United KingdomSafe, welcoming and tastyThursday, 9th July 2020We went for lunch at Pythouse shortly after they had re-opened after lock-down. It was easy to book and pre-order and the organisation of safe entry was efficient and welcoming. We were seated... Read full review