*The Bridge Tea Rooms will be reopening from Thursday 16 July, from Wednesday to Sunday each week. From 3 August, the tea rooms will be open 7 days a week. Find out more.*
Double Winners of The Tea Guild’s Top UK Tea Place and the Home of West Country Afternoon Teas:
Judged as ‘near perfect’ and awarded The UK’s Top Tea Place by the prestigious UK Tea Guild The Bridge Tea Rooms offers the very best in traditionally British Afternoon Teas, lunches and light meals throughout the day.
One of Britain’s Great Tea Rooms:
The afternoon ritual of serving tea has been developed to a fine art here, and is so accomplished that the Bridge Tea Rooms has been recognized as excellent by the prestigious UK Tea Guild for many years. Delicate bone china, the finest leaf teas, and friendly staff in Victorian costumes serving home-made cakes, pastries and sandwiches. Housed in a former blacksmith's cottage dating from 1502, the Bridge Tea Rooms positively oozes atmosphere, and the classical music playing gently in the background sets a tranquil tone.
West Country Afternoon Teas served throughout the day
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Afternoon Teas served from 12 till 5.30.
Price of a Cream Tea starts at £9.35 per person.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Cater for groups
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Celebrity connection
- Film or TV location
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- American Express accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Switch accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
A36 east out of Bath. After 3 miles take B3108 at Limpley Stoke towards Bradford on Avon for further 3 miles. In the centre of Bradford, take a right at the roundabout and go over bridge.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good184
- DeadlyDDBurgess Hill, United KingdomStep Back Into TimeFriday, 28th February 2020This is a delightful tea-room in a lovely quaint setting, right next to the river. The friendly serving staff are mainly young girls in maids oufits. It is like you have gone back into Jane Austin's... Read full review
- Citybreaker1Worcestershireextortionate pricesTuesday, 3rd March 2020A pleasant olde world tea shop but certainly not olde world prices.Ordered two hot baguettes ,cafetiere of coffee and a glass of cola. Cost £22.80 !!!.The cafe was very quiet and while we were there... Read full review
- GarryUKNewbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent afternoon tea. Lovely tea rooms.Tuesday, 17th March 2020We both had the Bridge afternoon tea. The tea and scones were excellent. Two very large scones, lots of cream with home made strawberry jam. The tea rooms themselves are lovely and relaxing in a... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Top Tea Place Award by UK Tea Guild 2010