Nestled to the south of the stunning Pewsey Vale in the Avon Valley, and less than 10 minutes from Stonehenge, the Dog & Gun Inn is a traditional 17th century coaching inn, beautifully restored in 2019.
Each of our five cosy bedrooms has an individual feel and style combining both contemporary and classic design features, including exposed brick and flint walls, oak beams, vaulted ceilings and claw-footed baths. Two of our rooms interconnect for those staying with family or friends, and we welcome your four-legged companions in select rooms, with their own doggie bedtime package.
All rooms are equipped with ensuite bathrooms, flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary spring water, Egyptian cotton bed linen and fluffy towels. Also, you won’t find any miniature plastic bottles in our bathrooms, just the finest refillable bath products. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available in all bedrooms, and the main areas of the pub.
Our legendary breakfasts are served from 8.30am – 10am and are charged separately to enable the flexibility of “room only” provision that many of our guests require.
The main pub is open all day (except on Mondays, and Sunday evenings) from breakfast, through elevenses and lunch to a full evening restaurant service. Our menus focus on classic dishes “with a twist”, drawing on exceptional ingredients which are responsibly and ethically sourced. Check out our daily specials board and don’t forget to sample one of our scrumptious puddings or home-made ice-cream!
The Dog and Gun Inn lies in the village of Netheravon, in the heart of Salisbury Plain. We are conveniently located 10 minutes north from the A303, the main route to the West Country.
We are the perfect base for visiting Salisbury with its 13th-century cathedral, vibrant city centre and racecourse or exploring the world famous Stonehenge and its award-winning visitor centre.
The whole area is a walker’s paradise and provides a fantastic opportunity to pull on your boots and explore. The attractive market towns of Marlborough and Devizes are a stone’s throw away as are the ancient stone circles and impressive National Trust manor house at Avebury. Slightly further field are Bath and Winchester with a plentiful range of wet-weather activities available in Swindon.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Beagle King room||from £89.00 to £100.00 per room (room only)|
|Bulldog Twin room||from £75.00 to £85.00 per room (room only)|
|Dalmatian Master bedroom||from £112.00 to £120.00 per room (room only)|
|Labrador King room||from £89.00 to £100.00 per room (room only)|
|Pug Twin Room||from £69.00 to £80.00 per room (room only)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Pub Opening Times (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Food service: Breakfast 8.30am – 10am, Lunch 12pm- 2.30pm, Dinner – 6pm – 9pm, Sunday lunch 12pm – 4pm.
Monday - pub closed (hotel rooms open on room only basis)
- Bar - As well as our candlelit piano bar/restaurant area there is a traditional snug bar and games room complete with retro board games and a billiards table
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast - Can be purchased in the restaurant
- Serve breakfast - Except on Mondays when the main pub is closed to the public
- Serve evening meal - Except on Sundays and Mondays
- Serve lunch - Except on Mondays
- Serves Local Food - All produce is responsibly and ethically sourced.
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Cot - Subject to availability and small surcharge
- Facilities for children - Children’s menu
- Air-conditioning throughout - In restaurant area
- Available for wedding receptions - Our beautiful on site Barn can cater for all types of events and weddings and the pub itself is also available to hire on an exclusive basis in conjunction with the Barn.
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Private meeting room can be provided, and full conference facilities available in our Barn
- Dogs Accepted - In Beagle and Labrador rooms only
- Event venue
- Exclusive Use
- Family Friendly
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Independent Business
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Log Fire
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Open All Year - Except on Mondays
- Regular evening entertainment - Thursday nights are normally our artisan pizza night with live music or quiz
- Wedding Venue
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access - Free wifi throughout the premises
- Groups Welcomed
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking area outside main beer garden
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - The Inn dates back to the 17th century and is rich with historic features such as original cob and flint walls
- Travelling Through - An ideal stopping point between London and the Westcountry
- Village Location
- Games Room
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Accept Bank Transfers, Internet Payment or SWIFT/IBAN
- All major credit cards accepted
- American Express accepted
- Apple pay accepted
- Cash accepted - Limit £500
- Contactless payment accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Central Heating
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- TV in all bedrooms
- Wood burning stove
Map & Directions
From London or the South – leave the A303 at Amesbury Countess Roundabout to join the A345 heading North. The Dog & Gun Inn is located after a further 10 minutes’ drive on your right hand side.
From the North, M4 – follow directions to Pewsey and join the A345 heading South to Salisbury. The Dog & Gun Inn can be seen on the left as you enter the village of Netheravon,15-20 minutes drive from Pewsey.
Public Transport Directions
Twice hourly trains from London Waterloo to Grateley Station or London Paddington to Pewsey Station (both 18 mins from the Inn). Taxis from the station can be prebooked.
X5 bus Salisbury – Marlborough route, stops round the corner from the Inn.
- Visit Wiltshire Approved Accommodation Scheme
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021