*Fisherton Mill is now open with new opening hours (see below). Individual studios may have different opening hours. Find out more.*
Until 12th July: Gallery and Café open Thursday – Saturday 10.30am – 2.30pm (Café open for takeaway items only but courtyard seating will be available from the 4th July)
From 13th July: Gallery and Café open Monday – Saturday 10am – 3pm. Courtyard seating and limited internal seating.
Built in 1880 as a grain mill, Fisherton Mill is the south of England’s largest independent gallery with an award-winning onsite café & artist studios. Soon to celebrate 25 years under the ownership of Michael & Deborah Fox, it is a haven for discerning shopaholics and foodies alike. Set over two floors the Mill retains many original features which add to the atmosphere.
The Gallery exhibits work by many leading artists, furniture makers and sculptors as well as an ever-changing array of jewellery, ceramics, glasswork and decorative items. Around the courtyard and on the first floor are creative studios where you can visit artists and designers at work, take in the exhibitions in our Main Gallery or try your hand at a new skill with one of our workshops.
The Gallery Café is the only eatery in Salisbury to be listed in the Good Food Guide 2019. It serves a great selection of homemade cakes. Lunch is light and modern using fresh produce prepared to order, with healthy choices for children. There is courtyard seating for fine days.
Centrally situated in Salisbury, mid-way between the Market Square and Railway Station along Fisherton Street and close to the central car park – look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance.
|Season (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* Not open on bank holidaysDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - ground floor only
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Conference facilities
- Dogs Accepted
- Event Venue
- Open All Year
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour +
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- Max group size - 30
- No Smoking Attraction
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 5
- Solo accepted
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
- Visa accepted
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Groups Accepted - pre-booking required, please
- Lovely studio workshop
Map & Directions
We are situated in central Salisbury – Park & rides provide easy access to the centre or alternatively follow road signs on the ring road to the Railway station car park or Central car park. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance on Fisherton Street. We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street through an archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance with orange flags above. No public parking at Fisherton Mill.
Public Transport Directions
We are 2 mins walk from Salisbury Railway Station in the direction of the City centre located on the left hand side of Fisherton Street. Look out for the orange flags above our archway entrance. From the Central car park & City centre we are on the right hand side as you leave the city again through our archway entrance. All Salisbury city centre bus routes within easy walking distance. Nearest major roads are M3; M27; A36 and A303. Follow signs to Salisbury. Park and Ride sites are located on A36 west of Salisbury; A345 near Old Sarum to the north of the city; A30 London Road - also in a northerly direction and the A338 south of Salisbury on the Downton/Ringwood/Bournemouth road.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good39
- Jill GReading, United KingdomA lovely place for lunchSaturday, 30th November 2019Very fresh and interesting food surrounded by amazing crafts. It does get crowded but we found a table for 4 and had a lovely lunch. Read full review
- RJC361Salisbury, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFisherton Street GemSunday, 26th January 2020Worth the short walk down Fisherton Street from the city centre. Very pleasant lunch with a good choice from an imaginative menu. Pleasant attentive staff. Bistro type tables packed into a the Old... Read full review
- 45deborahsmithBognor Regis, United KingdomA great findMonday, 17th February 2020Very attractive setting in an very interesting gallery with lots of tempting art and craft work for sale. Lovely little cafe - very popular so expect to queue at lunchtime even mid-week. Food was... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous Best Local Restaurant in the Southwest 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous South Wiltshire Business of the Year Awards Finalist 2017 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous The Observer Food Monthly Awards 2018 – Runner up 2018