Salisbury Plain Safaris was founded in 2015 to provide an exciting activity for visitors to Wiltshire, Salisbury and Stonehenge.
We use our Luxury Land Rover Defender 110 to host tours of up to 6 guests. Our tours are tailored on an individual basis and are based around the following themes;
Nature and wildlife, history, the military and off roading.
All of our tours will include a refreshment break and chances to get out and explore an area and record some of your memories.
Guests will be collected from a pre-arranged meeting point and taken by road or track to parts of the Plain that are simply not accessible to cars and buses, from our tours you will see wildlife that only exists on the plain, spectacular views of Europe’s largest chalk downland and the UK’s largest military training area.
Make sure you bring sensible clothes if you want to leave our air conditioned Land Rover as the British weather is always interesting! On the bright side, you will be able to see the weather coming, from the top of Urchfont Hill and on clear days, you can see the whole of the Pewsey Vale. With binoculars (don’t worry you can borrow ours) you also can see three of the famous white horses.
Throw in some rutted tracks, deep puddles and bumpy roads and you have all the makings of an exciting adventure to tell your friends and family about. To become a part of the action, join us on Facebook and Twitter or visit our website and blog at www.salisburyplainsafaris.co.uk.
|2022 (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Open all year to bookings. Tours are arranged on an individual basis please email for availability.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Packed lunch available
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Accommodation nearby
- Accommodation on site
- Cater for Corporate events
- Experience level - beginner
- First Aid
- Fitness level required - low
- Free car parking
- Fully qualified instructors
- Insurance included
- Lockers available
- On-site parking or valet parking
- Route maps available
- Stag and Hen Parties
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
As we are a licenced tour operator in Wiltshire we can arrange to collect you from anywhere you choose (within 5miles of our base it is free). Alternatively you can meet us at The Bustard, SP3 4DU. To get there follow the signs to Stonehenge, at the Stonehenge roundabout continue straight on towards Shrewton and Larkhill. You will see the big blue sign to the bustard at the next crossroads.
Public Transport Directions
As we are a licenced tour operator in Wiltshire we can arrange to collect you from anywhere you choose (within 5miles of our base it is free).
To get to us the simplest way is to catch the Number two bus from Salisbury approx. 40min and get dropped off in Shrewton Village. We can collect you from there. Alternatively you can jump onto one of the Stonehenge bus routes and we can collect you after your visit to the world famous site.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Passenger49060385504Salisbury, United KingdomAn exciting tour in a Landrover of the usually unseen parts of Salisbury PlainSunday, 22nd September 2019Had a really interesting 4x4 tour with James from Salisbury Plain Safaris. The 2 hour event passed by really fast & was full of beautiful views & facts about everything & anything to do with the... Read full review
- Ben SGreat Fun - even for localsSaturday, 25th January 2020We had a fabulous few hours exploring the Plain in the company of James who was an excellent guide with an encyclopaedic knowledge of his subject, ranging from wildlife to archaeology to army camps... Read full review
- 215belindamSt. Albans, United KingdomGreat landrovering across Salisbury PlainMonday, 30th May 2022We learned so much on this fun birthday trip. James is an excellent guide, tailoring where we went and what we did to what we four are interested in - fascinating history, geology and great views... Read full review
- Regional and Miscellaneous WTTC Safe Travels 2021