*Iford Manor Gardens will reopen in April 2021.*
This romantic, award-winning, family-owned Grade 1 listed garden was created by Edwardian architect Harold Peto when Iford Manor was his home, from 1899-1933. Tucked away at the bottom of a tranquil valley, paths twist and turn around ancient statues, columns, terraces and architecture surrounded by ebullient planting schemes, leading you on in anticipation of the next delight.
Set in 2.5 acres, this steep, terraced, Italianate garden affords the visitor wonderful views of the valley, especially enjoyed from the casita, loggia and cloisters. Steeped in history, a visit to the beautiful, Italianate gardens is often described as like stepping into another world.
Open April to September; 11 – 4 (last entry 3.30pm)
Open Sundays only in October; 11 – 4 (last entry 3.30pm)
Homemade cakes and selection of drinks available. Cream Teas at weekends
Please note that Iford Manor itself is not open.
“Little Treasures of Britain” – 2017 Group Travel Awards
“Best Heritage Site and Cultural Events Venue - Somerset” – 2017 Lux Hospitality Awards
“Garden of the Year” – 1998 Christies/ Historic Houses Award
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.00 per ticket|
|Concessions (students, over 60s)||£5.20 per ticket|
Groups welcome by appointment only. Please contact email@example.com for details on group rates during opening hours and out-of-hours visits.
* April to September: Weds – Suns (&BH Mon); 11am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
October: Sundays only: 11am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm)
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
- Dogs Accepted - on leads only
- Event Venue
- In countryside
- Max group size - 55
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Parking (free)
- Min group size - 10
Tours and Demonstrations
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Groups Accepted
Map & Directions
From Bath: take A36 South for 7 miles; turn left at brown sign to “Iford Manor” and follow country lane for 1 mile. 6’ 6” width restriction. From Bradford-on-Avon: take B3109 for 1 mile towards Frome; turn Right at brown ‘flower’ sign to “Iford Manor”; continue for 1 mile through village of Westwood. After leaving the 20mph zone, take first left down a steep hill signposted to Iford Manor. 6’6” width restriction.
Coach directions are provided when booked.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway stations:
Avoncliff – 1.5mile steep walk to The Peto Gardens along quiet country roads and footpaths;
Freshford – 1.5mile walk to The Peto Gardens along quiet country roads and footpaths; or the 94 bus runs from Freshford to The Pastures, Westwood then 10 minute walk;
Bradford on Avon – 2.5miles; taxis available from station
94 bus runs from Bath to Trowbridge; stopping at The Pastures, Westwood, a 10 minute walk from The Peto Gardens.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good45
- jakki72Melksham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPretty GardensSunday, 28th July 2019First Important thing... Roads to Iford Manor are very very narrow!! Should be a one way system in place. Second important thing... Take cash! Do not have card facilities on this site. £6.00 for... Read full review
- RKGallupPompano Beach, FloridaTrip Type:CouplesBeautifulThursday, 12th September 2019What a perfect day we had in BOA which was topped off with the restful and leisurely stroll through this extremely beautiful garden. The history of the manor and gardens is amazing and the setting is... Read full review
- nicolafearsMelksham, United KingdomEscape to a British oasisSunday, 6th October 2019Luckily visited on a beautiful sunny day quite tight road down into with free parking staff outstanding six pounds entry picnics not allowed rather steep up as gardens are set on a long steep... Read full review