Newhouse Farm is a Victorian former farmhouse set in lovely gardens blending with the rural setting including a wildflower meadow and traditional hedgerows. The en-suite rooms are spacious and comfortable, one with wheelchair access. A sitting room is available for guests and breakfasts are served in the period dining room.
Our breakfasts cooked to order on the Aga add to the real traditional farmhouse experience, especially when followed by homemade bread and Carole’s jam bursting with fruit from our garden.
There is plenty of off-street parking and secure undercover accommodation for bicycles.
Plan your visit with maps and leaflets of the many places of interest, such as Longleat, Bowood, Lacock, Bath and Kennet and Avon Canal. Good meals at traditional country pubs nearby. Guests will be assured of a memorable stay.
Please note we do not accept card payments. Payments can be made via bank transfer from UK accounts only (please contact owners directly for details) or cash on arrival.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £75.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £75.00 to £90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*Single occupancy rates from £46.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast - Large menu available
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - A bed can be added to make a family room.
- Central heating throughout
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open All Year
- Separate guests' lounge
- In countryside
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Victorian Farmhouse
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking - Up to 10 vehicles
- Cash & Cheque only
- Sterling Travellers Cheques accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Ground Floor Bedrooms Available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Home grown vegetables and fruit. Local produce. Waste recycling. Solar electric power generation.
- Special provisions for cyclists - Near to canal towpath, surfaced cycle track to Bath. Secure, covered storage for cycles. Drying room for wet equipment.
- Special provisions for walkers - Near to canal towpath. Drying facilities available.
Map & Directions
Newhouse Farm is situated on the A361 between Trowbridge and Devizes, about half a mile east of the junction with the A350. We will send a map when booking is confirmed.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest train station - Trowbridge, 4 miles.Number 49 bus stops outside Newhouse Farm - runs between Trowbridge, Devizes and Swindon.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- Barry DPickering, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesVisit to friendsSaturday, 15th June 2019Nicely located close to Trowbridge and Bath ideal for our needs. Room spacious with good facilities and very clean. Guests have a separate lounge and Derek and Carole were excellent hosts. Breakfasts... Read full review
- S&P GLovely B&B and great walkingSunday, 15th September 2019We were greeted warmly by Derek and Carol, and were in time to enjoy afternoon tea and cake in their lovely garden. The room(2) that was the twin room was spacious with comfortable beds, well... Read full review
- EmmaP3470Overnight stay on way home from ferrySunday, 22nd September 2019Warm welcome from our hosts despite our unexpected late arrival time. Very spacious ground floor bedroom and well equipped bathroom, ideal for anyone who has some mobility problems.The cooked... Read full review