*The George Inn is reopening from 4 July.*
Welcome to The George Inn, a traditional English coaching inn set within two acres of grounds on the picturesque banks of the River Wylye in Longbridge Deverill, Wiltshire.
Situated on the doorstep of attractions such as Longleat, Stonehenge, Centre Parcs and the historic town of Warminster, The George Inn is the perfect stop-off for those heading along the southern counties of Bath, Salisbury and Frome or as an ideal half-way point for those travelling from Cardiff to Newport, or for those heading from Bournemouth to Poole.
The George Inn offers 12 rooms each equipped with free Wi-Fi, private bathroom, a TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee facilities.
The traditional Smithy Bar, with its oak-beamed panels and wood furniture is the perfect setting to enjoy the pub’s superb selection of real ales from nearby Upham Brewery, which are on offer alongside a fine choice of wines. The seasonal menu made with locally-sourced ingredients, is also guaranteed to satisfy diners regardless of the occasion.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en suite bathroom||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double for single occupancy||£70.00 per person (breakfast included)|
|Family en suite bathroom||from £100.00 to £105.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suite en suite bathroom||£115.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Twin en suite bathroom||£90.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|Open New Year|
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Additional meal details - Chef would be more than happy to cater for any special requirements.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Facilities for children - Childrens play area outside.
- Accept coach parties
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Event venue
- Family Friendly
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Open All Year
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Public telephone
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - Turkish
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Turkish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster beds available
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
From A36 From the A303, turn off to the A350, turn left at the traffic lights, and the George can be found on the left hand side about three and half miles down.From Warminster, come out of the town centre, onto the A350, toward Poole and Blandford. The George can be found on the right hand side about 3 miles out.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good149
- Vicky FLondon, United KingdomLovely pub dinnerTuesday, 13th October 2020Nice clean pub, lovely atmosphere, friendly quick service and delicious pub roast for a reasonable price. What more can you ask for? The pigs in blankets are definitely worth ordering. Nice big car... Read full review
- MrMrsW50Brecon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySuper dog friendlyTuesday, 13th October 2020From the main road The George looks a little uninspiring, then you realise it’s all going on out the back . Huge garden with the small River Wylie running through it . IRooms were good pub rooms, not... Read full review
- Z7528VAronmpoor menuWednesday, 14th October 2020this is the second time we have visited and the second time that we could nt have the main meal we wanted and as it was only 12.30 I dont see how it could be all gone also we were offered a sticky... Read full review