The George Inn is a family-friendly traditional coaching inn set within an acre of grassland on the banks of the River Wylye in the lovely village of Longbridge Deverill.
Our dining area provides superb food throughout the day with our famous carvery every Sunday. Our superb team in the kitchen use the finest local ingredients to create fabulous seasonal dishes. There’s also a host of classic dishes from our mouth-watering fish and chips to our delicious burger with all the trimmings.
Our bar provides a great place to drop in for a drink of our superb ales, fine ciders and a huge menu of wines and spirits. During the summer months, our lovely extensive grounds provide the perfect environment to enjoy a drink or dine on the banks of the River Wylye with family and friends.
We also cater for weddings with our orangery the perfect room or our gardens for your marquee.
Our 12 en-suite rooms include large family rooms and some with luxurious four-poster beds. All offer superb facilities including luxury toiletries, tea and coffee making, TV, free WiFi and much more.
Just a ten-minute drive from Longleat Safari Park, and within easy reach from Salisbury or Bath and a short drive from Bristol, our cosy inn has become a favourite stopover, either for a delicious meal after a long day's adventure, a comfortable overnight stay or a base for your fun-filled weekend break.
With Stonehenge and Longleat within a short driving distance, The George Inn is the perfect place to stay for a while - explore the many historic sites and family fun days out. The 18th Century landscaped garden and Palladian mansion of Stourhead is also just a stone's throw away and the Bowood Estate, Salisbury Cathedral and the American Museum and Gardens are within easy reach.
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- On-site car parking
- Real log/coal fires
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
The George Inn is situated in the picturesque village of Longbridge Deverill on the A350 easily accessed by both the A36 and the A303. Enter BA12 7DG in your Sat Nav.
Three miles from the town of Warminster, in between the cities of Bath and Salisbury.
Public Transport Directions
From Warminster the 57 bus leaves from Market Place and stops outside The George Inn after a roughly 10 minute journey. Search Frome Minibuses for a timetable.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good91
- RobininBRISTOLBristol, United KingdomGreat place and situationFriday, 6th March 2020Real flowers on the table - first rate! It would have got 5 stars but the paper napkins were not good! But a great meal - the pies are generous - 1 and a half portions. Superb Scotch eggs in black... Read full review
- Lisa2YoYoDeliciousTuesday, 10th March 2020I enjoyed the meal at The George Inn. The food is delicious and fresh. Very friendly staff and a good atmosphere. Read full review
- chelth2014Cheltenham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood pub foodSunday, 15th March 2020Good honest pub food. Good selection on the menu and decently priced. Staff were polite and did their job. Read full review