The George Inn is a family-friendly traditional coaching inn set within an acre of grassland on the banks of the River Wylye in the lovely village of Longbridge Deverill.
Our dining area provides superb food throughout the day with our famous carvery every Sunday. Our superb team in the kitchen use the finest local ingredients to create fabulous seasonal dishes. There’s also a host of classic dishes from our mouth-watering fish and chips to our delicious burger with all the trimmings.
Our bar provides a great place to drop in for a drink of our superb ales, fine ciders and a huge menu of wines and spirits. During the summer months, our lovely extensive grounds provide the perfect environment to enjoy a drink or dine on the banks of the River Wylye with family and friends.
We also cater for weddings with our orangery the perfect room or our gardens for your marquee.
Our 12 en-suite rooms include large family rooms and some with luxurious four-poster beds. All offer superb facilities including luxury toiletries, tea and coffee making, TV, free WiFi and much more.
Just a ten-minute drive from Longleat Safari Park, and within easy reach from Salisbury or Bath and a short drive from Bristol, our cosy inn has become a favourite stopover, either for a delicious meal after a long day's adventure, a comfortable overnight stay or a base for your fun-filled weekend break.
With Stonehenge and Longleat within a short driving distance, The George Inn is the perfect place to stay for a while - explore the many historic sites and family fun days out. The 18th Century landscaped garden and Palladian mansion of Stourhead is also just a stone's throw away and the Bowood Estate, Salisbury Cathedral and the American Museum and Gardens are within easy reach.
- Locally sourced produce
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Al Fresco Dining
- Free car parking
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Licenced for alcohol
- On-site car parking
- Real log/coal fires
- In countryside
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- American Express accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
The George Inn is situated in the picturesque village of Longbridge Deverill on the A350 easily accessed by both the A36 and the A303. Enter BA12 7DG in your Sat Nav.
Three miles from the town of Warminster, in between the cities of Bath and Salisbury.
Public Transport Directions
From Warminster the 57 bus leaves from Market Place and stops outside The George Inn after a roughly 10 minute journey. Search Frome Minibuses for a timetable.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good94
- 32swalesNewport, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWould go backSaturday, 19th September 2020I'd pre-booked here for Thursday night, I'd requested a quiet table, which when arriving we were the only ones in that section but not long later every other table was filled, no matter. We ordered... Read full review
- TammytmsFarnborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFriendly staff, lovely setting, food mehSaturday, 19th September 2020Staff friendly, pub setting lovely with a little stream outside. My husband asked for medium done steak, it was very well done and very dry. Staff did ask of we were happy with our meal, which we... Read full review
- Dimples0101Great place for lunch, found by chance.Friday, 25th September 2020This pub is on the main road on the way to Frome, we decided to stop for a coffee there and liked the look of the menu so returned for lunch later. The choice on the menu was good and for £12.00... Read full review