This award-winning mid 18th century British bed and breakfast is surrounded by beautiful Wiltshire countryside. Local produce is served on the seasonal menu in the wooden-beamed restaurant.
All the ingredients for a healthy breakfast are left in the farmhouse-style kitchen for guests to help themselves to. Alternatively, guests can have a cooked breakfast in the restaurant. Ales from our very own micro-brewery are now available to sample in the pub and this is in addition to our new farm shop open seven days a week 8am - 8pm and Sunday 8am until 6pm. The farm shop provides fresh produce from our own fruit and vegetable farm and is a great asset to the pub and bed and breakfast.
A children's playground is in the garden and guests can borrow a pair of wellies and explore the countryside. Westbury town centre and rail station are less than 10 minute drive away.
Stonehenge and Longleat Safari Park are both within 30 minutes drive and Bath city centre can be reached after a 25-minute train journey.
With lovely vaulted ceilings, each light room has Egyptian cotton bedding and soft white towels. There is also and iPod dock, a flat screen TV and a contemporary en suite or private bathroom.
It really is a special place and many say it feels like a home from home experience, there really is no way to describe how truly fantastic The Three Daggers is, so we'll let some of our previous guests tell you their opinion...!
"I really considered not writing a review so I could keep this gem of a gastro pub and amazing accommodation a secret!!! I don't want the whole world to find it and then it be fully booked the next time we want to stay but I owe it to the incredible staff, food, ambiance and rooms to write a rave review. The three bedrooms are unbelievable."
"The room, the staff especially Jackie and food are very good. Best pie [lamb and black pudding] I've ever had."
"I stayed at The Three Daggers recently and it is excellent! Very highly recommended! The rooms are clean and very comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful and it is like a home from home. I have stayed in lots of hotels all over the country whilst travelling for work but this B&B beats them all hands down and is by far the best accommodation that I have ever stayed in. Definitely 5 stars and I look forward to staying there again!!"
"No faults here. This is a great place to stay. I spent 3 lovely nights here this week. The rooms are beautifully finished, simple yet luxurious. They could easily be a room in any 5 star hotel. The food is great and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. It is extremely professionally run by Jackie and Adrian. There is a lovely communal lounge to make tea and toast in the middle of the night should you feel the need!”
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Coulston||£150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Priory||£120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Priory double single occupancy||from £95.00 to £120.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Tinhead||from £75.00 to £100.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Tinhead for single occupancy||£75.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2021 (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
- Additional meal details - All home produced, locally sourced
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Serves Local Food
Children & Infants
- Children's play area - Yes but not owned by pub, run by Parish Council
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Accept coach parties - Small mini-bus by prior arrangement
- Air-conditioning throughout - Fans in rooms
- Available for wedding receptions - Small parties catered for
- Broadband Internet Access
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities - Small private dining room
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licenced for alcohol
- Real log/coal fires
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Access to golf course - Erlestoke golf course a matter of minutes away
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Fishing - Can be arranged
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- On site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- CD Player in all bedrooms - iPod docking stations in all rooms including lounge
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - In master, double and lounge area. Not available in twin room.
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- iPod Dock
- Non smoking rooms available - All non-smoking
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Guest lounge with kitchen area available
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From the A303 (Southwest) - Turn left off the A303 onto the B3083 towards Shrewton. In Shrewton turn left onto the A360 towards Devizes. Once in West Lavington at Dauntsey's School turn left onto the B3098 towards Westbury. The pub can be found after a 10 minute drive in the village of Edington (Ethandune) From the M3 (Southeast) - Follow the M3 and pass by Basingstoke. Exit the M3 at Junction 7 and go onto the A303. Continue on the A303 past Andover and Amesbury. When you reach Stonehenge fork right onto the A344 towards Devizes. Follow the road through Shrewton and continue on the A360 towards Devizes. Go through Tilshead and continue to West Lavington. At Dauntsey's School turn left onto the B3098 towards Westbury travel onwards for approximately 5 miles going through Erlestoke.
Public Transport Directions
Train - The nearest railway station is Westbury 5 miles away with direct trains running from both Waterloo and Paddington. Edington can be reached after a 10 minute taxi ride. Bus - Situated between Westbury and Devizes, the number 87 drives straight past the front door! By Air - The closest airports are Bristol 35 miles and Southampton 48 miles away
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good18
- holmsyoThirsk, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessComfy & cosy retreatFriday, 12th April 2019Glad I found this place close to where I was working. Very friendly and the rooms and decor was lovely :). The meal I had I would not choose again and expected more. Breakfast was very tasty and a... Read full review
- Margaret LPoole, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySunday LunchMonday, 18th November 2019If you like good food and a friendly warm atmosphere the Three Daggers is to be recommended. There were 4 in our party and although the service was a little slow ( only one person could take orders... Read full review
- 187047PeterRGloucester, United KingdomDelicious LunchFriday, 28th February 2020Had lunch here with some of my family and could not fault the service or the delicious food. Best Ham,Egg and Chips I have ever had. Lovely atmosphere and very good value for money. Parking is... Read full review