*Timberll's Yard is reopening on 4 July with new safety measures in place. Find out more.*
Timbrell’s Yard is a stylishly revamped riverside inn. Located in the heart of beautiful Bradford-on-Avon, it has excellent dining and luxurious accommodation.
Following an extensive renovation, Timbrell’s Yard opened its doors in 2015. This stunning property is now a thriving restaurant and bar, with 17 wonderful bedrooms. Since opening it has built up a loyal fan base, locally and around the country.
The contemporary bar leads to an airy double height restaurant with views of the river and fabulous food from Tom Blake, formerly head chef at River Cottage.
The bedrooms are stylish and comfortable. Plump for those in the old wing with free-standing baths, linen clad beams and quirky antique finds or opt for a modern mezzanine with Nordic influences of natural wood, modern textiles and deep riverside window seats. All have sumptuous beds, seriously good linen and thoughtful modern touches. Chic bathrooms are filled with natural Bramley shower and body products.
Timbrell’s Yard is open all day for drinking and eating. Its award-wining farm-to-plate food is served in a relaxed, modern atmosphere. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner in the restaurant (grab one of the tables with a riverside window) or in the bar where dogs are also welcome. And if the sun is shining, eat outside on the flagstone courtyard. There is a lovely list of local ciders, ales, and craft beers, and the artisan wine list is characterful and carefully chosen. There are always delicious freshly made cakes and snacks during the day, as well as great coffee and tea. Families and dogs are always welcome. Dogs staying overnight get their own doggy goody bag.
Timbrell’s Yard is part of the boutique hotel and pub group Stay Original Co. Its much-admired portfolio includes The Swan in Wedmore, Somerset, The White Hart in Somerton, Somerset, The Grosvenor Arms in Shaftesbury, Dorset and The King’s Arms in Dorchester, Dorset.
Bradford on Avon is the perfect town for a short break with its beautiful architecture and culture. The River Avon winds through it and it has a wealth of boutique shops and historic places to visit. It’s a very short drive or a 10-minute train journey from Bath.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Large Double En-suite||from £135.00 to £185.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Large Double En-suite with bath in room||from £145.00 to £195.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Medium Double En-suite||from £125.00 to £175.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Mezzanine Double en-suite||from £135.00 to £185.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|River Walk King Size Double En-suite with Wet Room Showers||from £125.00 to £175.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Small Double En-suite||from £85.00 to £135.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double En-suite||from £100.00 to £150.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*As a guide, prices are per room per night for hotels, guest houses, B&Bs and serviced apartments and per week for self-catering accommodation.
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
|2020 (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
- Within 1 Mile of a Train Station
- Additional meal details
- Cater for vegetarians
- Local Produce English Breakfast
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
Children & Infants
- Accept children all ages
- Food/bottle warming available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Central heating throughout
- City Centre Location
- Event venue
- Licenced for alcohol
- Open All Year
- Real log/coal fires
- Wedding Venue
- Wireless Broadband Internet Access
- In town/city centre
- Non smoking establishment
Parking & Transport
- Off site parking
- All major credit cards accepted
- Cash & Cheque accepted
- Maestro accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Digital TV
- Electric shaver point
- Free View TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- TV in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
Bradford on Avon is on the A363 between Trowbridge and Bath.
Public Transport Directions
Timbrell’s Yard is right in the centre of Bradford on Avon, a very short walk from the train station. Trains run regularly from Bath and Bristol.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good176
- SavvyCLDTrip Type:CouplesNight awayMonday, 3rd August 2020We’ve stayed B&B, On arrival they said they tried to call us regarding our room but didn’t have the right numberSo could not let us know (but had our email ) !!! the room was very noisy and... Read full review
- Gemma BLovely rooms but staff service and food falls shortTuesday, 4th August 2020Hotel rooms are lovely but the service and quality of food falls short. 20 minutes to get some water, staff not removing empty glasses from the table when delivering new drinks. No staff returning to... Read full review
- carolrestallMilton Keynes, United KingdomAnother lovely stay at Timbrells yardTuesday, 4th August 2020Another lovely stay at Timbrells yard with our dog Elsie, made even better with a room upgrade. Staff are welcoming and attentive, and made social distancing an easy process for everyone. We will... Read full review